SkyscraperCity banner

321 - 340 of 1493 Posts

·
Alpen-Häschen der Zukunft
3,864 Posts
Triiiple - 3 x 100m, 1 x 40m - mixed use

The old "Zollamt Building" had its demolition party last month. Until summer all buildings will get demolished. There are two other highrises u/c (Orbi Tower, 115m) or planned (Austro Control Tower, +100m) in the same area and one even finished with 100m. The are is called TownTown.

source and German article: http://diepresse.com/home/panorama/wien/4902245/Drei-Hochhaeuser-fur-das-alte-Zollamt

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
What about DC Tower 2? Any news?
^^ Only bad news I guess... :(
Tower 1 isn't really sold out yet. Until Tower 1 won't be sold there is no chance about the Tower 2 getting build.
Well, to be fair, there is a good chance that DC1 will reach an occupancy rate of 90% this year.
If this goes well, there is a chance that we see a finished DC2 until 2020.

·
Registered
224 Posts
World's Tallest Wooden Skyscraper to Rise in Vienna

Approved by the City of Vienna in October 2015, HoHo Wien is expected to break ground in the spring or summer of 2016. Investor Keebler Group has announced a contribution of 60 to 65 million euros for the project. 75% of the tower will be made of wood, which represents about 3,600 cubic metres of timber. Four different pre-fabricated elements will be used in construction of the building. Starting at ground level, a succession of glue-lam supports, joists, ceiling and facade elements will form the edifice's 23 levels. The timber structure will also be supported by a concrete core, to accommodate the elevator shaft and other service elements.

·
3,864 Posts
Is there a list of planned and u/c high-rises in Vienna? There seem to be quite a few recently.
Yes. There are a few over 100m:

1) 168m - DC Tower 2 - app

photo.foter.com

2) 163m - Danube Flats - app

blogspot.com

3) 145m - Forum Donaustadt - pro

dmaa.at

4) 130m - Marina Tower - prep

oekastatic.orf.at

5) 122m - MGC Plaza I - app

wien.gruene.at

6) 120m - Viertel Zwei Plus Tower - pro

no rendering yet

7) 117m - Austro Control Tower - pro

adsttc.com

8) 116m - Gate 2 - pro

mariogasser.com

9) 115m - Orbi Tower - U/C

structurae.de

10) 114m - Triiiple I - app

orf.at

11) 110m - MGC Plaza II - app

same pic as MGC Plaza I

12) 110m - Triiiple II - app

same pic as Triiiple I

13) 110m - Monte Laa I - app

no Rendering yet

14) 104m - MGC Plaza III - app

same pic as MGC Plaza I

15) 101m - Triiiple III - app

same pic as Triiiple I

16) 100m - Monte Laa II - prep

no rendering yet - but close to brake the ground.. :lol:

Well and there are many buildings under 100m - for example at the new main station.

·
3,864 Posts
The university building is gorgeous! Though the plaza could use some more landscaping.
Yes on the picture you don't see the whole university area. Around the main Building there's enough of green and space for relaxing:

Vienna - WU Campus - Library & Learning Center (LC) I56A3455 by Happy Hotelier, auf Flickr

And don't Forget there is a big park (Praterpark) and the Viertel Zwei just one step to it:

an older pic showing the Prater-Park next to it:

And for the "Viertel Zwei" just google it (on the first pic the tower in the Background on the right). I'll make a new post for it, because they are working on an extension by now...

321 - 340 of 1493 Posts