Skyscraper City Forum banner
941 - 960 of 1782 Posts

·
YIM.BA
9,527 Posts
Wow, so surprised that this is happening in Vienna which is always used as example over here in Bratislava (for those who don't know, Bratislava is located just 60 km from Vienna, however, it was already behind the Iron curtain). It seems that I should revise my look.

Are people and activists protesting against it?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Wow is this real life. Is Vienna trolling us? Not only is it demolishing beautiful heritage but the modern replacement is so incredibly shit, sorry to be mean but the modern replacements you posted are some of the worst modern architecutre Ive seen in europe, and I would think they are all postwar buildings if I saw them. I just sent a letter of complaint/disgust to the Vienna city council, I hope some of you guys do too. Sometimes youd be surprised how much governments take actions when people tell them about their concerns.

·
User No More
18,759 Posts
Wow is this real life. Is Vienna trolling us? Not only is it demolishing beautiful heritage but the modern replacement is so incredibly shit, sorry to be mean but the modern replacements you posted are some of the worst modern architecutre Ive seen in europe, and I would think they are all postwar buildings if I saw them. I just sent a letter of complaint/disgust to the Vienna city council.
True! The quality of the modern replacement seems to be the bigger problem/issue. First you have to deal with the demolition, and then they gonna serve you something like this. And they really think that's modern!

·
User No More
18,759 Posts
Demolition [Karolinenhof // Jedleseer Straße 75]

District: 21st Floridsdorf

Demolition of an art nouveau building (approved // 2018):

Renderings of the "replacement" are not available yet...

The building is next to the Karl-Seitz-Hof (social housing // Red Vienna):

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Hit by neptunes...would this site be the right place to send a letter about this issue?
https://www.wien.gv.at/formularserv...srp3s4WrOwST6HRvYm6qW7SXqydtXbMzHoxZi9KV8bp4=

Just wondering if the people who will receive this, are even the poeple governing the districts where these demolitions are occuring that you posted. Or are there multiple councils governing different districts? It will be a lot of work trying to send letters regarding individual demolitions to different councils if so

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hit by neptunes...would this site be the right place to send a letter about this issue?
https://www.wien.gv.at/formularserv...srp3s4WrOwST6HRvYm6qW7SXqydtXbMzHoxZi9KV8bp4=

Just wondering if the people who will receive this, are even the poeple governing the districts where these demolitions are occuring that you posted. Or are there multiple councils governing different districts? It will be a lot of work trying to send letters regarding individual demolitions to different councils if so
I have also sent it here: [email protected]

If a lot of us start to complaint, they will do something about it.
Besides, I think the actual reason to put Vienna in the UNESCO´s danger list it´s not only because of the highrises, but also for these type of demeaning urbanism that is being carried out by the city council of Vienna.

We as a community cannot let this happen again.
Common, this stuff used to happen in my city (Madrid) but like in the 50s (They demolished a lot of palaces arround the Castellana street).
But I cannot understand how in the 21st century a city like Vienna condemns its heritage forever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hit by Neptunes, could you please put all these pictures of Vienna´s demolitions in the "Recently lost/heritage in danger in your local area" Thread?

I know that you have put some of them there, but I think a lot of people in that threat would also like to complaint to the City Council as well, when they see the magnitude of the atrocity being carried out.

941 - 960 of 1782 Posts