SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I go out on a walk I discover a new face of the city. Old and new architecture, side by side, and hidden gems of nature where you least suspect them - exploring the streets and neighborhoods never gets boring and even seemingly run of the mill residential blocks are always good for a surprise (e.g. picture #7).

·
16,742 Posts
Very nice pictures. Keep it up! :eek:kay: Really like the frames on your pictures too :)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^
Thank you!

Btw, visibility on that day was exceptional. In #20, you can see for over 30 miles. In the full size raw picture of #19 I think I could make out Bratislava, but unfortunately that's not visible in the resized version.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you guys!

Where did you take 16 - 20 from?
Why don't you post the pictures in the national section?

I took #16-20 on Kaasgrabengasse, about halfway between the point where cars have to turn around and before you reach Bellvuestrasse. Just beyond the tree in the picture:

Even more interesting is the narrow trail I took to get there from Sievering: Hornspergsteig (this isn't even the narrowest section)

On Kaasgrabengasse:

(I can also post the pics on the national forum, no problem. I just thought in Urban Showcase the pics would have a wider audience and most ppl who read the austrian forum also check in here occasionally.)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perfect fall weather in Vienna = lots and lots of photo opportunities...

This trip takes us to Vienna's 20th and 2nd district. Both areas have a somewhat negative reputation among locals, but I found them both quite charming and diverse.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Wonderful pictures!

1 - 20 of 168 Posts