SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody have informations or photos about Thanh Long international Airport project, Tan son nhat (new terminal),Noi Bai (new terminal)???

·
Registered
25 Posts
<== this is how TSN airport will look like in the upcoming furute.

TAN SON NHAT AIRPORT'S NEW TERMINAL( CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION, will be completed towards the end of 2006, it will be having all global standard facilities,...locate right next to the existent old terminal...the old int'l terminal will be used for domestic traveling as well!...it's expected to be capable in competing against other int'l airports in the region.)

Facts about the new terminal:
. 3 stories, 92.920m2
. a spacious parking lot in front of the airport, wich covers up 30.000m2
. automatic ticket booths
. relaxing lounges or waiting halls, as well as restaurants, and free-duty stores, etc.
. 10 carousels
. 8 pairs of tunnels, which will link the terminal gate to the plane
. 8 systems of walking conveyer
. 20 escalators
. 18 elevators
. 24/24 info booth, as well as flight schedule board
. full-served security service

NJOI!

p/s: by the way, the construction of the emblem of HCMC on the entrance way to the TSN int'l airport just have relatively started. The construction will be completed before the NATIONAL INDEPENDENT DAY, WHICH IS THE SECOND OF SEPTEMBER this year.
===> REDERING:

·
Banned
87 Posts
Wow nice. So when will this new airport be put into service? I'm expecting to visit Vietnam in early 2007 for Tet (Vietnamese New Year).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I intended to day that the TSN airport will be replaced by Thanh Long Int' Airport in 2011?

·
i'm a hanoian
10,140 Posts
Hanoi Noi Bai Airport

AIR-CONTROL TOWER
Located on the land of 4,500m2 inside Noi Bai International Airport Development Area, the Air-Control Tower project has been invested by Vietnam Airlines and designed by ADPi (French) - a famous architectural company in France which has done many well-known towers in the world in cooperation with Archetype Vietnam for technical design. The project included a air-control tower and 4-storeys technical building with 1 basement. The tower is 88m of height and 10m of diameter. The salient feature of this project is all the tower has been claded by glasses. This tower intends to bring into operation in 2007.

>Hanoi Projects Thread

According to this article the new terminal will open by the end of this year. The cost are 236million USD. But I´m not sure if they written the truth.
www.pata.org/patasite/fileadmin/ news_pata/11_TSA_Apr_Eng.pdf
-------------------
Hue Airport

by ubik-asia

·
i'm a hanoian
10,140 Posts
Vietnam's tourist growth hits top five

Vietnam ranks fifth in the world for growth of travel expenditure in the last 10 years.

The figures come from a recent report by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) where Vietnam's tourism market was estimated at around $2.4 billion last year. According to the WTTC report, the market will grow to around $6.4 billion within the next 10 years. In addition, business travel accounted for $769 million last year and is predicted to reach $1.8 billion by 2014.

The country's international airports are currently being expanded to cater for this projected increase in traffic. Ho Chi Minh City's Tan Son Nhat Airport will open a new international terminal at an estimated cost of $182 million in 2007 and Hanoi's Noi Bai International Airport is opening a new terminal at the end of 2005 at a cost of $236 million. In addition the Vietnamese Government is considering a $8 billion project to build a new international airport near Ho Chi Minh City.

Traffic through Vietnam's airports has grown annually an average of 12.3 per cent over the past decade.

by MICE

·
Premium Member
38,003 Posts
tq said:
AIR-CONTROL TOWER
Located on the land of 4,500m2 inside Noi Bai International Airport Development Area, the Air-Control Tower project has been invested by Vietnam Airlines and designed by ADPi (French) - a famous architectural company in France which has done many well-known towers in the world in cooperation with Archetype Vietnam for technical design. The project included a air-control tower and 4-storeys technical building with 1 basement. The tower is 88m of height and 10m of diameter. The salient feature of this project is all the tower has been claded by glasses. This tower intends to bring into operation in 2007.

>Hanoi Projects Thread

According to this article the new terminal will open by the end of this year. The cost are 236million USD. But I´m not sure if they written the truth.
www.pata.org/patasite/fileadmin/ news_pata/11_TSA_Apr_Eng.pdf
-------------------
Hue Airport

by ubik-asia

I love the design of these...really exotic..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I only like the control tower, the design look replenish and futurist, however the terminal look so country, like some island airport :)

·
Hanoi Vo Dich
91 Posts
yeah jo u're right...skynett126, Hue is just a small town, and also was the ancient capital... so this design is just perfect... but will it be build as shown?

·
i'm a hanoian
10,140 Posts
Lao Cai, Quang Ninh and the Spratley Islands will get new airports...so anybody know more about these projects?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts