Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was lucky to stay at lev15 in novotel at Homebush at weekend .
we stayed for my daughters country swim champs at aquatic centre.
homebush is 15km west of sydney fyi

heres some views

exhib dome

Parramatta early morn

from left-right
st leonards, north sydney, CBD

chatswood in far backgrd.
new commonwealth bank in foregrd with homebush station at left.

at dusk

rhodes

just before sunset. gives real siluette effect

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow. Love it. You know Cullwulla you could've moved shot #5 a little to the left an got Chatswoo in too you know... :)

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Great pics Cul. Love the pic of Chatswood from a distance. Its a pity Parramatta isn't on a hill though otherwise its skyline would be more prominant.

j

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Somthing under construction on the left side... what's that?
Watpac are building a six storey tower named 8Australia (8 Australia Avenue) - which I admit was barely above ground in April. It's gone up quick

Website - http://www.8australia.com/

It contains 7000sq/m of space.

Thanks Cul for the photos as well. Were those shots from the observation deck at the top or from your room? Your lucky that as a guest of the hotel you get to access the deck for free. :)

While the density of Rhodes impresses me, it does have a bland appearance - too much white and lacks some landmark towers. :(

·
16,518 Posts
Brilliant pics cul. The novotel sticks out like dogs balls from some angles.

Just and off-the-cuff question, why isn't building lighting high on the agenda over in Sydney? At night, many of the city's most noticeable highrises contain no feature lighting. DBP and 1 O'Connel have decent lighting, however.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Big skyline there >
Cul, can you possibly increase contrast on this a bit and re-post coz that is potentially an awesome banner shot !!!!! :)

·
Registered
77,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Brilliant pics cul. The novotel sticks out like dogs balls from some angles.

Just and off-the-cuff question, why isn't building lighting high on the agenda over in Sydney? At night, many of the city's most noticeable highrises contain no feature lighting. DBP and 1 O'Connel have decent lighting, however.
There is more feature lighting in the CBD then what is actually switched on. But some of it has been turned off indefinitely. This has been more so since the rise of Earth Hour, which started by the WWF and the Sydney Morning Herald.

For example the Governor Philip Tower now never has its crown switched on ...

·
16,518 Posts
thanks ippgi.

GPT was the obvious one. Looked terrible at night. Can't believe they'd let such a beautiful bldg go to waste at night all in the name of earth hour.

·
WARREN
8,204 Posts
Nice stuff Cul - I like these sort of views. It shows how horribly flat Western Sydney is too, and how concentrated the high rise is - look at all the low density in between.

:yes:

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
I've noticed that the lit crown of No 1. O'Connell is not lit as often as it was.
Usually the neon signs downtown are turned off at midnight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts