Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went for a walk to Lavender Bay today. Then back over bridge.hres some snaps>

view east towards darling Point & BondiJ

Kirribilli, opposite Opera House. not bad realestate

one for avatar!!

·
Chip on my shoulder (BBQ)
3,135 Posts
sensational part of the world (pity about the cloudy weather). This and McMahons Point are 2 of my favourite areas to stay when in Sydney. I find that accomodation is reasonably priced in some of the older apartments, but the views of Sydney -WOW- blows away any other city view in Australia. As the Whitlams wrote -"Love this city".

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Fantastic view , very nice !

·
Galactic Ruler
6,855 Posts
Thanks Cul, that's an awesome pic of Gateway, and of course it being cloudy makes Gateway even more reflective! Thanks there are some awesome pics in there.

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
Cool, I actually don't mind when you have a few storm clouds about with the pictures.

That train line at the back of Luna Park intrests me, I wonder if it would ever be worthwhile putting a station there. I think it used to be the original pre-bridge terminus of the North line.

That unit building near the park at Kirribili (at the hairpin corner) has a long tunnel from the street to the underground car parking.

Always love to see Fleet Base in Sydney pics, and also some shipping traffic in the Harbour.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The train line leads to train storage which is used during off-peak times for trains terminating at North Sydney.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Luna Park Train Line

Cool, I actually don't mind when you have a few storm clouds about with the pictures.

That train line at the back of Luna Park intrests me, I wonder if it would ever be worthwhile putting a station there. I think it used to be the original pre-bridge terminus of the North line.

That unit building near the park at Kirribili (at the hairpin corner) has a long tunnel from the street to the underground car parking.

Always love to see Fleet Base in Sydney pics, and also some shipping traffic in the Harbour.
The rail line was i think the original terminus and old Milsons Point station, passengers would get a ferry to the city and were Luna Park now stands was the cable car tram depot terminus. in 1935 Luna Park open to the public.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts