SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
always on
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sun was high in the sky, and i had been stuck inside for a week in a row so i had to go out and take some pics, so i did :p, I was eager to see progress of my beloved scrapers so first off here are some pics of scraper progress:
Fahle is still in its bear cellulosis state, the extension skyward it will get soon im sure, increasing the current height by 40%:

Osten tor is amaizingly high, at 4 floors already!

Tornimäe gaining height also ;)

here are some reflections from crappy lamp cover ;) From Postimehe building side ;)

Then ! I took a chance and strolled to the old town and to St.Olaf, sayed a good word or two about the latest holy passer :cry: and whoilaa the observation platform at the, almost, top was open, the views were breathtaking, and really the pictures dont give justice to the views that open from there.

this is Tallinn’s train station, it is or soon will be under renovation, as you see a extra building is beeing built on the side also

Toompea hill in dark gothic look

here is an example of a defense tower one (lower one) is without the red rooftop, in times of war all the reed roofs were removed giving the cool stylish british turret look, I dont know which one i prefer, both look cool 

heres a pic of the chaotic lower old town ;)

and for the end, Lasnamäe power, this is Just one of the three huge commie district Tallinn got, the other 2 behind the photographers (me) back, and they are not on a hill as high as the hill Lasnamäe is on, so its not so easy to take pics of them, and they dont show up as boldly as Lasnamäe does, they do however have more taller residentials then lasnamäe, well, if you ever get a chance to go up to st.olaf you will see them

·
Resurrected User
706 Posts
I did not know that there is observation platform in St. Olaf's church. Maybe next time i will go there. :)

I have seen >10000 pics from Tallin Old Town, but no pics from that angle. And Qualitu is also good, so thank you for these pics! :)

·
always on
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grendy said:
Wow that close-up picture with Hotel Viru, City Plaza and Ühispank is awesome!
thank you, im quite pleased with it too, only i dont like that ugly smokestack rizing behind it...
moolio said:
You should post more pics of the gorgeous Tallinn old town.The thread is awesome btw, I've never the Tallinn downtown from these angles. Kinda gives the city a whole new look.
Yep, the views from St.Olaf are awesome, its amaizing how tall it is, im not even at the top, the observation platform is atop the rock building just where the spire starts ;)

Thank you for comments

·
Registered
127 Posts
ch1le - You should take some pictures of Lasnamäe! IMO it's the best Tallinn project ever. It's huge commieblock district and also the biggest project in Tallinn ever (that I know of, that is) And nice pics! :) I had no idea that you could go up there.
Also Õismäe looks cool, but I've never been there.

Come to think of it, there are no pictures of Kopli :? I know that it's possible to take some pictures of it from the edge of the old town by the railroad station, up the stairs you know.

·
always on
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanx for answering glad you like the shots!
@Dysfunctional Indeed and i plan to make a lasnamäe thread soon too, when the weather gets warmer and the leaves get green ill go around lasnamäe and give you your commietour ;)

·
Banned
13,693 Posts
SUPER nice, Ch1le! :applause:

I particularly like the Toompea hill in dark gothic look :eek:kay: and those two reflection photos :cool:, and, quite predictably, I'm just wild about the chaotic lower old town ! :banana:

Really very fine. Thanks a whole lot! :cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.