Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went for a little walk today in a great part of town.

started at Hickson rd.look back a Westpac.

walked out to the end of the 150m long wharfs.

North Sydney skyline

including milsons point

Milsons Point & Luny park

your fav and mine.

Windmill Street
Sydney;'s first 'walk up" flats!!
Stevens Building 1901.(tallest resi bldg on completion)

great views from Observatory Hill!

a tissue, a tissue, we all fall down!

love this time of year. Autumnmmmm

view south down york st

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
We were possibly in the same area @ the same time CULWULLA (went down there to see how ING building was going re the ex-Pheonix site).

The once-dead area is now teaming with people since Westpac Place opened. Really vibrant. Can't imagine how it will be when the East Darling Harbour renewal is completed. Unrecognisable.

The Bridge pics are amazing and the North Sydney skyline pics are beautiful.

·
Registered
77,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grollo said:
Tallest in Sydney or OZ?
sydney atm.
it gets abit hazy pre 1900. I know of the 5-6storey apartments that were built 1890s in collins st and were pulled down for Comalco house.
When i compiled the list for tallest resi chrono,i started with Elizabeth bay house which is 15m/2st built 1837.In 1870s,80s, the first 3storey terraces appeared. some large mansions had tall towers with some reaching over 100ft.
like the Rupertswood of 1870.

im pretty right for post1900.
anyway thanks for comments guys.

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Say nothing , Just amazing and impressive !

·
6,438 Posts
Yeh, great shots. Love the one featuring AMP, Gateway, GPT & Chifley.

Grollo said:
That is the best pic I have seen of Westpac, well done.
That's the best photo I've ever seen of Westpac. On the other hand that's the worst photo I've ever seen of Blues Point Tower (that is, bad building not bad photography). Sorry Cul, you'll never be able to convert me & neither will Harry:

"I've always thought Blues Point Tower is one of my best buildings and I stand by that. Anybody who can't see anything in it ought to go back to school." (from SMH article in 2002)

I'd doesn't look as bad bathed in golden sunshine, which is the view I've seen more often:

·
Registered
77,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ i agree, the pic i took is the south face of blues point which never gets sunshine. the pic you posted is the western faces which are bathed in afternoon sun. i like blues point tower not for its facade but for its late 50's design. it was first of its kind and tallest to boot.
cheers guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts