Skyscraper City Forum banner
21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts

Portrait of a Roma girl standing in front of a stone wall in the village of Al Makhwah. The girl comes from the Al Hud group in Yemen and works as a dancing and singing street performer. She is wearing large earrings, a nose ornament and a thick armlet. Another girl and a baby are visible in the background
April 4, 1946

http://www.prmprints.com/image/798279/portrait-of-a-roma-girl

·
(I).(♥).(KSA)
1,235 Posts

^^
اثاري من زمان عندنا ثقافة السكاي ووك :hahano:

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Hail 1913-1914 (from the travels of Gertrude Bell)

Part I

Turkiyyeh. "The other was a Circassian who was sent to Muhammad al Rashid by the Sultan as a gift. Her name is Turkiyyeh. Under her dark purple cloak - all the women are closely veiled here - she was dressed in brilliant red and purple cotton robes and she wore ropes of rough pearls round her neck. And she is worth her weight in gold, as I have come to know. She is a chatterbox of the first order and I passed an exceedingly amusing hour in her company.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts

Sheikh Abdelqader Al-Muzaffar, barely visible in the centre-right of the photograph, is addressing a rally of Yemeni and Wahhabi (i.e. Najdi) pilgrims in Mecca in 1920 in his capacity as leader of the Palestinian “Haj” (pilgrimage) delegation about the situation in Palestine and what the Zionists plan on doing with the Islamic holy sites in Jerusalem. Al-Muzaffar invited the crowd to add its voice to that of the other Arabs in defence of the Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem.

Demonstration in support of Palestine in the city of Mecca, Hejaz in 1920

Demonstration in Taif, Saudi Arabia in support of the Palestinian Revolution of 1936-1939 against the British.

21 - 40 of 120 Posts