1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
天豆
9,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Virgin Mary statue removed from Windsor home
Published 37 minutes ago

WINDSOR, ONT
.—The owners of a home in Windsor have removed a statue of the Virgin Mary that attracted large crowds drawn to its purported healing powers.

Hundreds of people made pilgrimages to the home in recent weeks to see the porcelain statue, which was said to smile during the day and weep tears of oil at night.

The family has put the 1.5 metre sculpture in an undisclosed location.

Earlier this week, the Roman Catholic Diocese of London, Ont., said it was looking into whether the statue performed miracles, but later backed off when it learned the homeowners are Orthodox Christian.

The Orthodox Diocese later said it wanted to investigate the statue, but the homeowners say they won’t let anyone examine it.

The homeowners held a news conference Thursday pleading for the people to worship at a church and not their front lawn.

Windsor officials said a structure that housed the statue violated building and zoning rules and ordered the homeowner to remove it by Nov. 19.

The Canadian Press
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/887053--virgin-mary-statue-removed-from-windsor-home?bn=1

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Idiots, I'm sure a ceramic statue made in china has healing powers. People are probably hallucinating from the toxins in the paint. And if these people don't want worshipers on their lawn praying but in a church maybe they should keep the religious crap off the front lawn. Anyway, if Mary was crying it's most likely because she got knocked up with not so much as a dinner or even a drink.

I was hoping this was going to be a funny story about the virgin traveling the world with pictures being sent back to the owners on the odd occasion.

Anybody in the Toronto area, every Thursday night I put the Elvis bust I got at Honest Ed's on my front step. It vomits up PB and Bacon sandwiches that if eaten will cure most ailments.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
If we're allowed to make fun of those who believe in Loch Ness and Big Foot then all Fairy Tales are fair game in my books. The Catholic church has done far worse things in the world then my silly comments.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Idiots, I'm sure a ceramic statue made in china has healing powers. People are probably hallucinating from the toxins in the paint. And if these people don't want worshipers on their lawn praying but in a church maybe they should keep the religious crap off the front lawn. Anyway, if Mary was crying it's most likely because she got knocked up with not so much as a dinner or even a drink.

I was hoping this was going to be a funny story about the virgin traveling the world with pictures being sent back to the owners on the odd occasion.

Anybody in the Toronto area, every Thursday night I put the Elvis bust I got at Honest Ed's on my front step. It vomits up PB and Bacon sandwiches that if eaten will cure most ailments.
Wow. So much ridiculousness in this post. Get grip mate.

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
As As ridiculous as it is.....I still lol'd >_<
you shouldn't mock people's faiths
If people don't want their beliefs to be critiqued, maybe they shouldn't subscribe to such silly dogma :nuts:

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Thank you MysticMcGoo, some people on this site are to easily offended. Lighten up people. Koolio, "get a grip" really? You won't find me driving miles and miles to a cheap statue weaping liquids.

What's ridiculous is that the family is now hiding the statue from the church so they can't investigate it. The church would probably discover the tear drops are nothing more then olive oil, perhaps extra Virgin olive oil.

Create a thread that has nothing to do with urban issues and it's fair game for mocking.

Proof that religion is stranger then fiction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.