SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'll be visiting Chitown this summer. I havent been in like 5 years so if you guys can tell me the "happening" areas around town, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Go to Devon Avenue and get yourself some Indian food.

Go to Ann Sather's in Andersonville and get yourself some big ass cinnamon buns.

Go to the Weiner and Still Champion in Evanston for some great hot dogs and cheap samosas.

Go to My Thai on South Michigan Avenue in the Loop for Golden Noodle Soup, which is so good it will make you cry.

If you have any other culinary requests, feel free to ask. : )
 

·
muted
Joined
·
7,080 Posts
Make sure to stroll up/down the Magnificent Mile. If you like to shop then be careful. I've seen many women there enter into bizarre trance-like states, walk around as if driven by some invisible force and spend large sums of money, only to emerge hours later, disheveled and ensconced in shopping bags, wondering what happened to them. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
I'm thinking of doing a road trip to Chicago, primarily to see the skyline and appreciate the architecture. Anyone know how tranportation is like to/from downtown to O"hare. I'd be staying at an airport hotel cuz they are cheaper, but i'm obviously not going to visit an airport :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
what kind of happening areas are you looking for? the big tourisim areas? the stuff tourists dont see? nightlife(bars club scean)?chicago has such a variety of hot spots , you realy have to be more specific . but id like to give you my opinion on were to go so please answer this.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,194 Posts
Rockefeller said:
I'm thinking of doing a road trip to Chicago, primarily to see the skyline and appreciate the architecture. Anyone know how tranportation is like to/from downtown to O"hare. I'd be staying at an airport hotel cuz they are cheaper, but i'm obviously not going to visit an airport :)
Rockefeller, the CTA's blue line station's last stop is directly under Terminal 2 at O'Hare. This will get you into the Loop via the Dearborn Street subway. If you are staying at hotels near the airport, there's a good chance you'll be near the next station on the line (Rosemont).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
^There are a LOT of hotels in that area along Higgins and River Roads, all within reasonable walking distance of the Rosemont Station.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
hydrogen said:
Make sure to stroll up/down the Magnificent Mile. If you like to shop then be careful. I've seen many women there enter into bizarre trance-like states, walk around as if driven by some invisible force and spend large sums of money, only to emerge hours later, disheveled and ensconced in shopping bags, wondering what happened to them. ;)
If this is the case, be sure to check out Oak St. between Michigan and State. Very cool stores.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,217 Posts
Who would be a tourist and come to ChicAGO with no car and people they know noone in Rockford, go to Rockford?

Back on topic: Visit the south loop, really booming there. And of course go to the Taste of Chicago ifyou can make it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,217 Posts
Always go to the beach. Freshwater is better than saltwater beaches. (No sharks :) ).

You get to see why Chicagoans go to their favorite swimming place in the summer.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
^as nice as the beaches are , imho they are no match for ocean beaches. but there not a bad sustitute. plus you get the veiw of the skyline. but dont make it out to be any better than it realy is man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
oshkeoto said:
Go to My Thai on South Michigan Avenue in the Loop for Golden Noodle Soup, which is so good it will make you cry.
Wouldn't take Oshkeoto's advice on that one cause the Pad Thai at My Thai will make you throw up, and that happened to me right before a performance.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top