SkyscraperCity Forum banner
321 - 340 of 358 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Hey guys! Visiting Hungary in the summer and I have a few questions. How is the 3g coverage in Hungary? Do you have any prepaid sim-cards on sale in petrol stations etc that I could put into my phone and use 3g-internet?

· Registered Abuser
7,958 Posts
Hi everyone, need some help. Me and a few mates are coming to Hungary in a few weeks for Balaton Sounds. Flight and hotel is booked however we are struggling to work out how to get from the airport to the hotel. We have considered going straight from the airport, although would it be better going into Budapest then getting a train from there? Might be nice going into Budapest for a bit, so we can have a look round.

I have attached a map below, our accommodation is marked, Iv found the nearest train station but I cant work out what the name of that train station is, any help? Also can I book tickets from Budapest/airport to the train station below? If so what website?

One more question as well, is the area safe at night? Obviously typical festival behaviour is to be expected but say if we are walking back at night alone, should we be ok?

· 100% argento
21,159 Posts
Hi there. This is abraham from Argentina. Me & my mate are planning to visit Budapest in May 2017. We have no experience in international travel. Would any of you guys be willing to help us out, both in planning the trip and while on our visit there? If so, please PM me. Thanks.

· Registered
1,577 Posts
Hi there. This is abraham from Argentina. Me & my mate are planning to visit Budapest in May 2017. We have no experience in international travel. Would any of you guys be willing to help us out, both in planning the trip and while on our visit there? If so, please PM me. Thanks.
Aribnb, Tripadvisor, Wikipedia and some other travel websites all you need. And Money :lol:

All the sights can be easily visited, within walking distance. From Heroes square, Vajdahunyad Castle, Széchenyi Spa, to Buda Castle / Fisherman Bastion. For night visit the Jewish Quarter with Gozsdu Udvar (passage) and other ruin pubs like Szimpla or Fogasház or Insta.

Enjoy your visit! Don't miss out going into a spa. Turkish or Hungarian doesnt matter, both of them are amazing. :cheers:

· Germano-Hungarian
3,220 Posts
3онд -7А;140629956 said:
I want to visit Hungary in fall this year and I need some information.

First: is there a way to avoid a pay toll?
Second: Who controls who payed the pay toll and who didn't (traffic police, border police)
Third: Is it possible to evade?
Fourth: How long does it take to travel across the country if I use alternative roads?
Fifth: what's the quality of gas?
Sixth: are there any road gangs or frauds?

Thank you in advance.
Hungary does not have toll gates, you have to buy an electronic highway 'vignette'. It is not a physical vignette, you buy the right to use the highway for a limited time, you get a receipt and that's it. 8 euros buys you 10 days for the whole ~1500 km network. You pay this much for 100 kms in Italy/Serbia/Greece etc.

1. No.
2. There are automatic cameras on the highways and sometimes cars parked by the highways, checking number plates.
3. If you use the highway without a valid ticket, they send you a fine. They will definitely track you down within the EU. If you drive straight to Zimbabwe or North Korea I guess there is a chance you can escape. Please buy a ticket, it is literally the price of a pizza and roads are expensive. Hungarian highways have perhaps the best price/quality ratio in the world.
4. Very long, don't do it, not worth it. Main roads go through every village and don't get priority in maintenance. There are some exceptions but I should know where you are coming from and going to.
5. Same as everywhere else, it is neither Tajikistan nor the '90s.
6. No, unless you really want to get ripped off and look for a guy who sells you an iPhone for 100 Euros.

· Registered
1,577 Posts
Hello Guys,:cheers:

can you tell me how and where to find a fully furnished apartment in budapest under 500 Euro per month? Should be a quiet district, with good connection to public transport.

Thanks,
Ronald
There is a huge lack of apartments in Budapest right now, and the cheaper ones always rented within a few hours.
Also you can join Facebook groups like: flat for Erasmus Students, Flat in Budapest etc.

Hope we could help you.

321 - 340 of 358 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.