SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Visiting Hungary - Helpdesk

175354 Views 357 Replies 99 Participants Last post by  Windblower
I am staying only one day in Budapest. Do u have any suggestion what to , do, see, visit?
where to eat? what to eat? etc.
Thank u
PS
i will take a lot of pictures so if u r good with answers i will post them here :)
341 - 358 of 358 Posts
Although I've been advised not to take Hungarian lessons cuz it's a difficult language, I'd like to learn some basic words. Do you know any institute that you'd recommend? I work from 9 to 6 so it should be after this time. I would also like to take some photography lessons too, do you know any institute?

I'd like to know if there's any foundation or charity where I could contribute. I wouldn't mind teaching English to some people who are in need.

Is there any English-speaking "cultural center" run by its own people where handcraft or painting is taught?

Thanks in advance.
Every country has its own history and culture as Hungry is known as the place of great people and inventors as Rubik Cube is the greatest invention of hungry which is invented by professor Erno Rubik.
https://welovebudapest.com/en/topli...d-achievements-you-didnt-know-were-hungarian/
Every country has its own history and culture as Hungry is known as the place of great people and inventors as Rubik Cube is the greatest invention of hungry which is invented by professor Erno Rubik.
Jó nap mindenkinek! Good day to all! Did not find the right branch. Perhaps it's right to write here. I bet with a friend that is Budapest. And he says that Germany. But I do not think that in Berlin, for example, can be so hung cooler from air conditioners. Does anyone know for sure where this can be? Exif no, it's screenshots. Often a siren is heard. Perhaps the key is in the bright building on the left. All Thanks in advance for any help, ideas!

Perhaps this post could help inspire anyone going to Budapest for a long weekend https://aworldofbackpacking.com/forlaenget-weekend-i-budapest/ :)
Hi, I want to ask you some House/Dance station like in Greece is Vanilla radio? Can you recommend me some from Hungary? Thank you.
Hi, I'am going to visit Budapest in next month and I would like to ask you about hostel, it don't have to be in city center.
I'am going by car from Kraków.
Gentchy :)

Chego no aeroporto de Budapestchy às 11:30 da noite de terça-feira. Qual a melhor forma de chegar em Erzsébetváros? Tem metrô para lá ou o melhor é de Uber mesmo?

:lol:

My flight arrive 11:30 pm at Ferenc Liszt next Tuesday, and I'd like to know wich is the best way to go to Erzsébetváros, by subway or Uber?, and I'd like to know wich is the best way to go to Erzsébetváros, by subway or Uber?

Shukran!
Uber? :D

Uber is prohibited in Budapest. Use the Bus 100E from the Airport to the Deák square (edge of the Erzsébetváros).

Gentchy :)

Chego no aeroporto de Budapestchy às 11:30 da noite de terça-feira. Qual a melhor forma de chegar em Erzsébetváros? Tem metrô para lá ou o melhor é de Uber mesmo?

:lol:

My flight arrive 11:30 pm at Ferenc Liszt next Tuesday, and I'd like to know wich is the best way to go to Erzsébetváros, by subway or Uber?, and I'd like to know wich is the best way to go to Erzsébetváros, by subway or Uber?

Shukran!
Uber prohibited?

I think that taxi is the bes way so...the square is far from my hotel

:eek:kay:
Uber? :D

Uber is prohibited in Budapest. Use the Bus 100E from the Airport to the Deák square (edge of the Erzsébetváros).
Főtaxi is the official airport taxi, use that!
Yes, Uber is banned. They dont operate in Hungary.
Uber prohibited?

I think that taxi is the bes way so...the square is far from my hotel

:eek:kay:
Hostels in Budapest are dirt cheap (starting at $6/night, and from $10 you get the best ones) and provide very high level of service, so basically you can choose any with a decent rating on booking.com / hostelworld.com etc.
Hi, I'am going to visit Budapest in next month and I would like to ask you about hostel, it don't have to be in city center.
I'am going by car from Kraków.
Budapest is a wonderful city to visit. Both banks of the river has so many fantastic sights. Do not miss the excellent cafes. On Budapest is also very cheap - one of the cheapest capitals in Europe.
This is more an infrastructure related question. I'm planning to cross Hungary with a potential stop in Gyor while travelling from Bratislava (SK) to Varazdin (HR). Is it worth buying the vignette for the stretch of M1 (Bratislava-Gyor) + M86 (Gyor-Szombathely)?

I figure the distance of pure highway is only around ~150km and the time gain is marginal compared to driving on the regional road 86 from Mosonmagyaróvár to Redics. How is the road quality of the regional 86 road? I plan to cross the border either at Redics (or drive down to Letanye).

Thanks!
You are welcome.

The answer depends on how sparing You are. Cheapest 10 day vignette is around 10 €. Road 86 is pretty much of average European quality, city drive-through may cost some time.
Hello.
Tomorow I will travell to Hungary by car that is registreted in Serbia. I am interested in possibility to take a fuel in Hungary by discount price (480 HUF/l) that is valid for cars registreted in H and countries that also have limited fuel price (such as SRB, SLO).
Is this regulation still valid? If it is, what it takes to be able to take a fuel by discount prices?
Thank You in Advance.
This is quite difficult to answer, so ask at the fuel station, they must know, what the actual regulations are. Be prepared for possibly paying some 800 HUF/l.
Reactions: bratislav
341 - 358 of 358 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.