Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting London this summer. I am going to stay at the Hilton Green Park. How is this area? Are there a number of things within walking distance? Finally, what does a first-time visitor to London have to do?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Brilliant place for a hotel: right bang in the West End. You've got the largest park in Central London (Hyde Park) within walking distance and in St. James's Park, my favourite. You're a very short walk from Buckingham Palace and less than a mile from Parliament, Trafalgar Square, the theatres of the West End...

In terms of the big attractions, only St. Paul's Cathederal, the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Greenwich and the Tate Modern are out of walking distance. If I was you I'd take a walk along the South Bank from the London Eye to the Tate Modern and the Globe Theatre, if you're into Shakespeare. But you need to get a guide book, I'm afraid. I'd recommend Lonely Planet or Time Out. How long are you staying in London?

·
129,494 Posts
Consider this : http://www.londonpass.com/

Forget about the transport option though. You're better off using the Oyster smart card or a Travelcard (day pass).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts