Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vivid Sydney is a great festival of lights at the start of winter that is now in it's 4th year, around Circular Quay and The Rocks. Got out the tripod and took some photos.

IMG_4828 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4304 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4132 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4167 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4206 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4373 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4428 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4478 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4490 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4228 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4321 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4508 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4730 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4589 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4780 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4794 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4808 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4878 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4868 by mornnb, on Flickr

IMG_4837 by mornnb, on Flickr

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Incredible photos, as always Mornnb! Customs House I thought was the most incredible. How did you get a shot with no one standing there?! When I was there, that whole area was packed!

Again, well done.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
God it was awesome! The concerts at the Opera house were great too. Even though the Jonathan Boulet / Tom Vek gig was horrendous, the Efterklang w/ SSO and Sufjan Stevens / Nico Muhly and Bryce Dessner concerts were sublime!

SOH has posted a couple of vids, too:

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Incredible photos, as always Mornnb! Customs House I thought was the most incredible. How did you get a shot with no one standing there?! When I was there, that whole area was packed!

Again, well done.
Thanks! :)
And managed the customs house, by photographing it at close to midnight, just before they shut it off. Still were a few people though, but 10mm lens allowed me to get close. Recorded some video too will upload later.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts

Again, well done.
I agree, fantastic shots.

I went for a look on the first evening at 6.00PM, there were big crowds with plenty of parents bringing their small children, who all had eyes as big as saucers.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Great lighting festival...well worth visiting Sydney just for it imho.

This whole concept of projecting images on buildings was first done in Australia during the Adelaide Festival some years ago. The original technology comes from Spacelab studios in Turin, Italy.

Good images, no doubt the tripod makes for well-defined night shots. :cheers:

·
Registered
448 Posts
what I like about vivid is that its a creative festival - not just a light festival - and so is aiming to get creative industries involved - arts, music, design.. think it would be cool if each year however there were somehow more synergy between the industry events, the music events and the light festival aspect which is the wider public's experience of vivid..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts