Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vodafone commits to Chch CBD

NEW BUILDING: Vodafone's new Christchurch headquarters will face Tuam St, Poplar and Ash Lanes, between Madras St and Manchester St.

Vodafone New Zealand will build its $50 million South Island headquarters in the heart of Christchurch's innovation precinct.

The four-level building in Tuam St will enable Vodafone to bring together its 350 Christchurch staff who currently working at several temporary sites into one location.

Vodafone chief executive Russell Stanners said: "We have a proud history in Christchurch. This new building will facilitate the growth and development of our entire South Island business, as well as supporting the recovery and growth of the city."

The building will have more than 8300 square metres of open-plan floor space and will include a retail unit and cafe on the ground floor.

It will be built by developer Calder Stewart and leased under a long-term agreement with Vodafone.

Vodafone expects to be able to occupy the building in early 2016.

The Innovation Precinct is one of Christchurch's anchor projects purposely designed to stimulate growth in the CBD. The precinct will be a place for business and employment in high-value technology sectors.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/10113566/Vodafone-commits-to-Chch-CBD

Good news for Christchurch and a big budget project like this deserves its own thread. Render on link, Warren and Mahoney are the architects.

·
Kiwi Contributor
4,949 Posts
Nice to see alot of commitment from corporate tenants recently to make moves back to the CBD. Hopefully more to come for Chch!

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Interesting synergy here with Vodafone not far off from opening its new call centre in central Hobart. The Hobart Centre is a 10 storey combo building with a car park element but is composed mostly of pre cast concrete panels not unlike the above design. Interesting that Vodafone seems to prefer regional centres in the countries in which it operates. Great news for Christchurch though!

·
stupid sexy flanders
3,521 Posts
It's the massive billboard im looking forward to seeing. Are we going to have our own little Piccadilly Circus or Times Square all lit up at night? Also, can now report from the ashes of the Kosher Kitchen, the Chabad House and the Atami Bathhouse she's starting to rise... :)

015 by milan.luka116, on Flickr

026 by milan.luka116, on Flickr

019 by milan.luka116, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Was one of those photos taken from the top of C1?

·
stupid sexy flanders
3,521 Posts
Haha, do you mean from up here!

Yessir. not to derail the thread, here's a couple of wee shots. It's not open to the public, but if you ask the guys in the café downstairs REAL nicely, and it isn't too busy, they might give you the key.

595 by Milan Mann, on Flickr

550 by Milan Mann, on Flickr

580 by Milan Mann, on Flickr

582 by Milan Mann, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Thats awesome! They should have a rooftop garden/bar up there for anyone who wants to go up and have a look. It will have some amazing views of the new buildings going up, like Mckenzie and Willis, Vodafone, Kathmandu, and other buildings.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Steelwork rising! Caught me by surprise as I walked to the bus stop. It's got some height :cheers:

[/url]20150605_165442 by adam lines, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]20150605_165536 by adam lines, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]20150605_165416 by adam lines, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm starting to feel more confident by the day on the Central City's rebuild - 2015 is sure going to be a big year!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Good to see! Was starting to wonder when steel would arrive.
All this news we've gotten recently is getting me hyped for the new city we're going to have in a couple years!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
A new render I found of the inside (view looking south towards Tuam St, plaza on right)

·
1,677 Posts
Don't really know where to post this, so will post this here as this development is really the main building in the Innovation Precinct. Was doing some research on the Green House and found the developers website, StudioD4 . These guys are based in Auckland and are the main development manager of a huge block of land in the Innovation Precinct, including the Vodafone HQ and the Kathmandu HQ.

Studio D4 is development managing 5 Projects, with a total value of $125M in the heart of Christchurch's Innovation Precinct.
Source

Here is the map of the developments they are managing, showing how this area will look like including the tenants for the Green House:

More info on 160 and 150 Lichfield Streets in there respected threads.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
My only concern with that plan is that the vehicle entry for the carpark building is into the lanes, which won't be that nice if you're walking around, having hundreds of cars entering and exiting into narrow lanes! Would have preferred if the vehicle entry was from the roadside.

Thought I'd post a link to a webcam of the Vodafone Building

http://mitchellmackersy.co.nz/projects/

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My only concern with that plan is that the vehicle entry for the carpark building is into the lanes, which won't be that nice if you're walking around, having hundreds of cars entering and exiting into narrow lanes! Would have preferred if the vehicle entry was from the roadside.
Since the car parks are for the office buildings, most people will just park in the morning and leave in the evenings. If it was a public parking building there would be a lot higher traffic as each space on average would be used by 5+ (just my guess) cars a day.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts