Vote for the best twin towers!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
well than dumb a-s-s you shouldn't be voting, this competition is not about "feelings" and emotions, it's about who beats who by height and apperance, what power of the USA?? This country under bush's hands is a load of bull and if i was Iran and North Korea and Venezuela, i would team up now and beat the sh-i-t out of washington d.c (not the whole country,) to teach bush that he can't go around with his stupidy invading other countries we have no business in , come on if those 3 powers, inculding Russia, who is on Irans side, teamed up, this bully (u.s.a) would be done for just like the Romans.........
can you pls respect others opinion? you cant just call people dumb ass whenever you want to. there's no need for personal attack. if you can't stand on seeing votes for WTC you should stop reacting. As I was reading your post, I realized that you are the one using emotions and feelings not me. I'll tell this to the moderators.

And pls, if ur not an american, dont use the flag on your avatar

·
Blue Collar
899 Posts
Really? So what subtely desgined elements exactly did the WTC have that makes it the best? And is it evn possible to be the best when you desgin is hardly even noticed?
obviously this guy thinks Im biased.
let me put it this way: if the US wanted to build 2 overdesigned towers, they would do it. but you know what? they went a different route.

design elements... Im in school to be architect so let me school you. the color, the facade, the 1 antennae instead of 2 dumb spires. that's 3.
#4 no skybridge.

the more crazy designs we see, the less we appreciate a simple and beautiful piece of architecture. Final Verdict: petronas towers are the BEST TWIN TOWERS. but theyre Barry Bonds while the WTC is babe ruth :lol:

·
Joi Bangla
1,242 Posts
obviously this guy thinks Im biased.
let me put it this way: if the US wanted to build 2 overdesigned towers, they would do it. but you know what? they went a different route.

design elements... Im in school to be architect so let me school you. the color, the facade, the 1 antennae instead of 2 dumb spires. that's 3.
#4 no skybridge.

the more crazy designs we see, the less we appreciate a simple and beautiful piece of architecture. Final Verdict: petronas towers are the BEST TWIN TOWERS. but theyre Barry Bonds while the WTC is babe ruth :lol:
omg, oh no, your in architecture, you must know everything there is to know about architecture than.:bash: If you really knew architecture then you would know there is no absolutes in art.

And overdesigned? Do you even know shit about Petronas. The entire tower is symbolic. The shape is based on the eight sided star which is a primary symbol of islam. And the colour... How the hell is WTC's colour better than petronas, thats like saying i like blue hence anything coloured blue is subtley designed and amazing architecture. Petronas has some of the best looking and technologically advanced facedes in the world. And antenna is better than spire??? wow your really make a good case here huh. And finally, the skybridge is an engineering marvel. And its incredibly symbolic. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it beter architecture.

And your right, when i read your first post, i thought you were a bit biased, but then after seeing your points, now i know its not just a bit.

·
Blue Collar
899 Posts
omg, oh no, your in architecture, you must know everything there is to know about architecture than.:bash: If you really knew architecture then you would know there is no absolutes in art.

And overdesigned? Do you even know shit about Petronas. The entire tower is symbolic. The shape is based on the eight sided star which is a primary symbol of islam. And the colour... How the hell is WTC's colour better than petronas, thats like saying i like blue hence anything coloured blue is subtley designed and amazing architecture. Petronas has some of the best looking and technologically advanced facedes in the world. And antenna is better than spire??? wow your really make a good case here huh. And finally, the skybridge is an engineering marvel. And its incredibly symbolic. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it beter architecture.

And your right, when i read your first post, i thought you were a bit biased, but then after seeing your points, now i know its not just a bit.
no, I got nothing against the petronas, I just didnt like how you immediately asked me to justify my thoughts, as if what I said is pure joke.
let me explain, to ME it is important; the WTC as a whole, from a distance and up close, to me is more iconic and pleasing.

furthermore, the Petronas have no good competition IMO since 9/11, and thats a shame since both symbolize architectural extremes..both are incredible. the Nigngbo twins concept in China appeals to my taste, but I know you wouldnt care since you 'know' Im biased

·
Banned
88 Posts
can you pls respect others opinion? you cant just call people dumb ass whenever you want to. there's no need for personal attack. if you can't stand on seeing votes for WTC you should stop reacting. As I was reading your post, I realized that you are the one using emotions and feelings not me. I'll tell this to the moderators.

And pls, if ur not an american, dont use the flag on your avatar
I am a fuken american you @#[email protected]#$ dont insult me mind your own business i can use the flag where ever i want as an American

·
Registered
8 Posts
WTC definitively.

·
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa
1,568 Posts
Anyone who doesn't like the bridge should do a lil research and read up why there's a bridge linking the two towers of PTT. It wasn't for the sake of beauty or 'decoration'. Knowing the reason behind, then do a lil studies on how they designed & installed the skybridge and why ppl call it an engineering marvel. ;)

·
Registered
物の哀れ
24,407 Posts
Emirates Towers looks simple and innovative. As opposed to most of the other towers who are just blue glass covered, I love the top of the building and how they appear to be different shapes!

·
100% Libertarian
6,921 Posts
NOBODY KNOWS THE PARQUE CENTRAL TWIN TOWERS?...221 METERS, BUILT IN 1983, CARACAS...VENEZUELA??? :eek:hno: i hate you all :mad:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I would have to go with Century Plaza Towers in LA also from Minoru Yamasaki!!

Those towers in Caracas appear to be identical twins, but farther apart than most others (like Petronas). What is that HUGE WALL of a building there looks like about 40 stories or is the angle of the pic looks like that??? I also remember the two towers were not built at the same time????

I just dug online and it seems that it is 7 separate buildings (Parque Central Edifici Vivendes)

East tower completed in 1979 and West tower completed in 1984

·
Captain
3,277 Posts
Hard 2 make A Choice. But Mine has become The Petronas Towers. Great way, how Western modernism meets Eastern culture.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.