Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Times Square, Causeway Bay

Votes: 3 15.8%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys... let's vote for the best mall in Hong Kong.. in terms of design, location, variety of shops... blah.. :)

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
Of the luxury retail malls, IFC is easily the most extravagant. Of the more "normal" malls, Langham Place is a real winner. Its design is very original and the variety of stores is great.

·
Registered
419 Posts
In terms of design
festival walk

followed by
hkland:landmark,charter,prince,alexandra
ifc mall
langham place mall

in urban design context, Time square should be mentioned as it almost single-handedly regenerate its surrounding area

what about the smaller malls like fashion island in cwb or teen-catered Lai See in TST?

·
Registered
235 Posts
wheres the chungking mansions!? lol. in the recent HK magazine, they had a battle of the malls, chungking was actually listed and won the first round. the finals were between harbor center (or is it ocean center?) in tst and pacific place. harbor center won. personally, new town plaza is my stomping grounds as my girlfriend lives there, but i really like festival walk too, very light, airy, spacious.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ThaQuest said:
wheres the chungking mansions!? lol. in the recent HK magazine, they had a battle of the malls, chungking was actually listed and won the first round. the finals were between harbor center (or is it ocean center?) in tst and pacific place. harbor center won. personally, new town plaza is my stomping grounds as my girlfriend lives there, but i really like festival walk too, very light, airy, spacious.
haha. that's quite funny.
i personally don't quite like NTP cos the arrangement is weird due to the later additions of different phases.

i'm not sure whether the current renovation project will make it look great either!... hopefully it will. there'll be a new city-super as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts