Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 7.5%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both Stockholm and Malmö have their own. Previously some naysayers were argumenting that there were not enough projects in Gothenburg to fill up an own subforum (or that there weren't enough members from Gothenburg who could report and update), but now I see this part of the forum swarming with news from Gothenburg all the time.

There's been alot of new projects lately that will rise in the next coming years. We have Gothia Towers that will be finished soon, we have Västlänken, we have Karlavagnstornet, we have RegionCity, we have the new Göta Älv Bridge. To name a few.

Also, all the threads for Gothenburg are very active, with at least 3-5 new updates/reports every week. I'd say the interest for projects in Gothenburg have increased so much now that Gothenburg finally needs its own subforum together with Stockholm and Malmö.

Gothenburg is on the go!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I miss a "general sweden thread", where one can post interesting projects without making a seperate thread in the general development page, it would clog it up imo because there is a lot of interesting projects one could post. :)

To give an example...

http://bohuslaningen.se/nyheter/sotenas/1.3278563-vagkraftsaggregat-pa-plats-i-djupet
Publicerad 3 juli 2014 Uppdaterad 4 juli 2014

Vågkraftsaggregat på plats i djupet

Efter år av planering har installationen av världens största vågkraftspark inletts i vattnet utanför Sotenäskusten. Tio aggregat ska placeras ut, för att sedan utvärderas efter en testperiod.

– Det finns en väldig potential hos vågkraften, säger Heli Antila, forsknings- och utvecklingschef på Fortum.

Making a new thread about a project like this might not be needed because it wont get a lot of replies but people might still find it interesting if it was in a "general projects thread" if you get my drift. That way you could post interesting building projects from around the country without spamming the general development page.

·
Registered
603 Posts
^^ Do you really have to wait 60 days? I mean out of the 22 that have voted then all but two say Yes, the other two don't know/care. Not a single No vote so far :)

I thought that it was unfortunate that Gothenburg didn't receive it's own subforum, as the other two were created. But now I really hope that it will happen.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Det är inte bara positivt med underforum, egentligen mest negativt för aktiviteten. Jag går t.ex sällan in och kollar Malmös eller Stockholms sektioner. Men det är nog bara jag:).
Röstar ändå för en Göteborgssektion så man slipper alla Göteborgstrådar (skojar)

·
Premium Member
18,565 Posts
^^ This is the reason that I want to leave it open for longer. Because it's important to hear all views aired. Plus because it is summer, many people are also away so I don't want to make changes until after summer in fairness to everyone.

The sub-forum was not created at the same time as Stockholm and Malmö as it didn't have as many active members or contributors as it does now. Recently, however, Gothenburg has exploded and so I am very happy to open this debate to everyone so that everyones views are heard. It seems overwhelmingly positive at the moment and if it stays this way I will ensure that the sub-forum is created.

Got to be nice and democratic about things like this. The forum is driven by the members, so if the members feel it is better for it to be structured differently, I am always open to ideas. :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
^^ That's fair.
But then again, by doing the split up by city may be the wrong way to go. I can for myself say that I never look in the Malmö section, as a comparison.

Maybe it would have been better to split it up in what kid of projects each section is about: Infrastructure, Buildings, Random, etc. Much like the Japan section is built up? Which to me at least feels like a better set up in that case.

·
Herr
73 Posts
Of course GBG, need a sub-forum.

But honestly, isnt "SWEDEN Forum" the Gothenburg forum allready? Atleast 90% of the posts in Sweden Forum is in Gothenburg threads, so i dont see the need for us Gothenburgers(lol, heter det så?) to have our own sub forum.

on the other hand it sucks for all other citys to be shadowed by all Glenns posting in GBG-threads.

So I say, Take away Malmö Subforum, and make and Gothenburg forum instead. There is no need for Little Malmö with their own subforum, just looks silly for such a small town. Plus we get the benifits of Malmöiter posting in Sweden Forum so it dont completly dies.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Det är inte bara positivt med underforum, egentligen mest negativt för aktiviteten. Jag går t.ex sällan in och kollar Malmös eller Stockholms sektioner. Men det är nog bara jag:).
Röstar ändå för en Göteborgssektion så man slipper alla Göteborgstrådar (skojar)
Agree with this, I read much less about what's going on in Stockholm and Malmö since they were given their own subs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think it's perfect if Stockholm, Malmö and Gothenburg has their own sub forum and then the "Sweden forum" can contain the rest from Uppsala, Västerås, Helsingborg etc.

The Malmö sub forum is active enough to stay in my opinion. But I guess we could include Lund, Helsingborg and make a "Skåne-subforum" or "Öresund-forum" instead of just Malmö.

·
Banned
579 Posts
What we have now is great just give GBG a section too please.
And maybe re-name Malmö forum to Malmö/Skåne or Malmö/Öresund as Malmö is only 35% of it's metro and that is without counting Helsingborg and Landskrona to the metro.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I am also open to suggestions as to whether we should actually divide the forum by "projects" rather than by regions - much in the same way as the Japanese forum has been divided (as suggested by a member above). Anyone have any feedback on that?
Personally I would rather have division by projects. Right now, my routine is to basically click on Stockholm, Malmö and Sweden, to check out updates from my favourite projects. I rarely only care what happens in one city. I would actually like a thread feed for the whole N&B region. But that means a bit programming I guess.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am also open to suggestions as to whether we should actually divide the forum by "projects" rather than by regions - much in the same way as the Japanese forum has been divided (as suggested by a member above). Anyone have any feedback on that?
I think this sounds like a better option. That way you can still keep track with projects in others cities which is nice. Today with the sub-forums I seldom visit the Stockholm and Malmö forums.

·
Banned
579 Posts
That would just end up being one liners paradise from ppl with little or no connection to the city posting "nice, cool, good job" lines 90% of the time...or am I wrong?
And look at all the off-topic economy/event/transportation threads, they are kinda open on the topic and very, very local, where would they go?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes scrap the Stockholm thread and the others and make one common for them all divided into projects. Make more sections then in the japaneese one. Like one for news etc.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts