Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VOTE: World's Best Skyline

Here are the five cities which received the most nominations this week.

Vote for your favourite skyline.

Hong Kong

New York City

Chicago

Shanghai

Seattle

·
Super Moderator
11,305 Posts
Seattle? :wtf:
well since I'm biased I won't vote for NYC, so Hong Kong is the obvious choice. If only we could get the 2IFC, not its Mini version :(

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
There must not have been enough serious nominations, cause Seattle and Shanghai should not have been here.

Anyways, I'm inclined to vote towards New York City, so I will.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My personal favorite is Chicago followed by Hong Kong but there's no question in my mind that NYC overall has the best skyline.

·
Registered
297 Posts
1) HK
2) NYC
3) Chicago

Shanghai doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 IMHO. And Seattle?! That would be lucky to get into the worlds top 20 in most people lists I think, it certainly is nowhere near a worldclass skyline.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
skiesthelimit said:
it certainly is nowhere near a worldclass skyline.
I wouldn't say that. It's one of the best skylines in the USA, and has a superb pinnacle at the centre of its cluster with the BoA Tower.

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
Chicago baby! New York and Hong Kong are awesome too though. And REALLY, how did Toronto not make the list?

·
逍遥法外
721 Posts
Sorry, not to turn this into a photo thread, but you may want to replace the Seattle pic with this, it shows the whole thing:

And I request you switch this one for Shanghai--there's a lot more to it than just Pudong...

Plus the other 3 cities have panoramic reps, these 2 should too.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
There's a typo on the poll... it say's 'Seattle' where it should say one of a handful of other cities.

My vote goes to Chicago, with Shanghai as a a close second. NYC is awesome, but the WTC really held everything together :(

*edit* Seattle does have an exceptionally picturesque skyline, but top 5? Please...

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
ONLY because the question was ASKED will I post a few pics. This is JUST the lakefront view as well, the skyline actually stretches way into the North.

Credited to Skybean and I think Hillis.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.