SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Vox | Chester Road | 51/46.5m | 15/14 fl

65427 210
Cornbrook Hub Manchester Waters | Castlefield
Apartments/Hotel/Aparthotel | Manchester

Thread: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=2055992

• Address: Cornbrook Hub, Castlefield, Manchester

• Architect: Leach Rhodes Walker Hotel/Aparthotel; Sheppard Robson Residential

• Ground floor commercial space: 373sqm

• Floors: 11-15

• No. of apartments: 280 / No.of Hotel rooms: 242

• Developer/s: Glenbrook CB Limited and Peel Land (Intermediate) Limited

Current status

U/C

Nearest transport

118625/FO/2017 | Full planning application for the erection of a part 14, part 15 storey building to form 280 residential apartments (C3a) together with ground floor commercial unit (373 sqm) (Use Classes A1, A2 or A3) with associated car parking, landscaping, public realm and other associated works following demolition of existing buildings and; Outline planning application (with all matters reserved) for the erection of part 11, part 15 building to form a 154 bed hotel and 88 bed apart-hotel building (Use Class C1) together with a single storey retail building (140 sqm) (Use Classes A1, A2, A3, A4 or A5) with associated public realm, car parking, and other associated works following demolition of existing buildings | Land Bounded By Dinton Street, Cornbrook Road, Chester Road And Trentham Street Manchester M15 4FX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Stupid location for such an expensive shop.
St George's is predominantly a poor working class area, sure the people living in the few hundred 'luxury' apartments that are going up round there might well be able to afford it but what about the rest of St George's and the thousands of local people that have lived there for years? They opened one in Whalley Range and it's dead most of the time because most people in that area can't afford silly prices for every day essential items. It tells you something about co-op prices when Tesco are cheaper, TESCO! I don't expect you to agree because you don't know anything about the area. You thought Hulme was Castlefield. Nuff said.
The people of Castlefield/St Georges can afford it.
I know the area extremely well actually, I was born in Old Trafford, grew up around Old Trafford, Hulme, Whalley Range and Moss Side, so you don't know what you're talking about. It's not about having a go at you anyway I just don't think a Cooperative is the right fit for that area. Not really bothered if you and your chums on here agree.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.