SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Vox | Chester Road | 51/46.5m | 15/14 fl

65448 Views 210 Replies 50 Participants Last post by  jrb
Cornbrook Hub Manchester Waters | Castlefield
Apartments/Hotel/Aparthotel | Manchester

Thread: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=2055992

• Address: Cornbrook Hub, Castlefield, Manchester

• Architect: Leach Rhodes Walker Hotel/Aparthotel; Sheppard Robson Residential

• Ground floor commercial space: 373sqm

• Floors: 11-15

• No. of apartments: 280 / No.of Hotel rooms: 242

• Developer/s: Glenbrook CB Limited and Peel Land (Intermediate) Limited

Current status

U/C

Nearest transport

118625/FO/2017 | Full planning application for the erection of a part 14, part 15 storey building to form 280 residential apartments (C3a) together with ground floor commercial unit (373 sqm) (Use Classes A1, A2 or A3) with associated car parking, landscaping, public realm and other associated works following demolition of existing buildings and; Outline planning application (with all matters reserved) for the erection of part 11, part 15 building to form a 154 bed hotel and 88 bed apart-hotel building (Use Class C1) together with a single storey retail building (140 sqm) (Use Classes A1, A2, A3, A4 or A5) with associated public realm, car parking, and other associated works following demolition of existing buildings | Land Bounded By Dinton Street, Cornbrook Road, Chester Road And Trentham Street Manchester M15 4FX

201 - 211 of 211 Posts
Damn. That screen grab WoW!
That Co-op is great, bigger selection that most - I'm there nearly everyday! I viewed some 2 bedroom apartments in Vox, generally really nice (similar to the Trilogy across the road that lived in up till August last year) but the wraparound balconies on the corner units are genuinely huge! Views from the rooftop are fantastic too. Wish I'd got some photos...
I do find that corner on the right a bit odd with how bare it is, a different colour/texture to the cladding or some climbing plants might've helped, but otherwise a striking building from that angle.

Here's hoping they spruce up Cornbrook tram stop with all this redevelopment in the area. It's very exposed and quite a miserable experience waiting for a tram when the wind's up or with moderate rain. Even some panelling on top of the low wall there, on both sides would help I imagine.
Shame not taller......
Reactions: ToastRack and RyMCR
Varying heights (more than the 15/14) would have been preferable.
Shame not taller......
Conica Ltd - Linkedin

The Cornbrook development in Manchester city centre has just had its crowning glory completed - a jogging track on the 15th floor, with superb views over the city.

The installation compromises of a stunning CONICA spray applied polymeric track, alongside a Dorset mix resin ground gravel surround. The two surfaces complement each other perfectly.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.