SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
busy
1,632 Posts
One of my friends is there right now on a mission trip!
How big is this town? Do you live there?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I never really got Waco. Granted, I've never lived there but from the times I've spent working there I honestly think something is in the water in that town! You can run into some of the weirdest (and not the cool Austin kinda weird!) people walking the streets of Texas in Waco. I honestly believe there's an inbreeding program going on down there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for posting those. I lived in Waco for a few years as a kid and still keep in touch with a friend there. I haven't been in several years, but it was always a unique place. I totally understand and kind of agree with Geaux Tigers...though not with the inbreeding.

I kind of think of Waco as kind of a time capsule. They had the huge devastating tornado in 1953 and they just kind of never recovered. There is growth, but they are not all that much larger than they were in 1953. Did anyone ever have to watch the tornado video in 6th grade science class like I did?

·
busy
1,632 Posts
120K? About the same population as Knoxville, TN then. I thought it'd be a lot smaller... like 40-50K. My friend said they chose to go there because it's considered a poor area, is that true?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I meant recently as within the last month or so. I was just being a little bit sarcastic, no harm intended. Actually, I wouldn't mind a little snow over in here Florida right about now because it is hotter than Hades outside!! :hahaha:
No I wasn't getting offended lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts