SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a few months since I've gone on a phototour, so today I thought I'd explore the town of Waconia. It's a sleepy suburban town about an hour southwest of Minneapolis on Lake Waconia. What a cozy little place! I especially loved the little wooden-framed buildings downtown, which you don't see much of around here.

Waconia, Minnesota
Population: 10,697
July 24, 2011

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Thank you again for showing smalltown America. You are one of my favourite posters.

Just one tiny request, could you please leave a little empty space between the pics?

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!

good, is it a real suburb or a stand alone town? I hate suburbs, but they looks awesome for kids and old people
It's an 19th century town that in recent years has become suburban due to its proximity to Minneapolis/St. Paul, but there's still lots of lovely countryside and forests surrounding to keep it feeling rural.

Show me winter too! I envision loads of little ice houses and a script straight out of "Grumpy Old Men" :)
You should check out some of the other threads in my signature. The Minneapolis "Old St. Anthony" threads might give you a feel for our harsh Minnesota winters. I definitely do plan to do more winter threads once that time comes around again.

Thank you again for showing smalltown America. You are one of my favourite posters. Just one tiny request, could you please leave a little empty space between the pics?
Sure thing, done and done. :)

·
stupid sexy flanders
3,521 Posts
I love threads like this!

While its good to see the threads of LA and Singapore and Paris etc etc. Its even better to see a place that Ive never heard of before. Brilliant pics of just a normal every day mid western town. I actually wanna go there now.

Im going to check out your other threads too. :banana2:

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! I'm glad there are at least a few people on here who enjoy seeing smaller, lesser-known locations.

I feel like Minnesota (and small towns in general) are underrepresented here and I really enjoy exploring new places, so I figure I might as well take some photos while I'm at it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts