SkyscraperCity Forum banner

WAIPĀRŪRŪ HALL | 35 Whitaker Place | Completed

18K views 59 replies 19 participants last post by  HavanaClub 
#1 ·
A new hall of residence for the University of Auckland. If I'm not mistaken, it will be the largest student accommodation complex in New Zealand - with 786 beds across two towers. These are the two towers on the left hand side of this render:

1504051022991 by John Polkinghorne, on Flickr

By comparison, University Hall (visible on the right hand side) has 442 beds.

The university bought the site in 2015. The new hall is underway now, with Dominion Constructors building it for completion in Q1 2020.

More info, and the original image, at https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/on-ca...accommodation/accommodation-developments.html

See less See more
#3 ·
^^The relentless cynicism is a bit tiring....

Moving on: UofA says We currently offer 3,000 beds in both catered and self-catered residences at the University of Auckland. Read more about our upcoming developments as we work towards accommodating 7,500 students by 2026.

This one accommodates 786 and will be finished by 2020. Doing the maths, that means another one of about this size for each of the next 5 years. (Wow) I wonder if they will all have that brick colour they seem to love. That's actually a sizable increase in the population of the inner city. Wouldn't it be cool if they built all 5 years' worth in one monster building of 80 floors or so? Wishful thinking...

#5 ·
^^The relentless cynicism is a bit tiring....

Moving on: UofA says We currently offer 3,000 beds in both catered and self-catered residences at the University of Auckland. Read more about our upcoming developments as we work towards accommodating 7,500 students by 2026.

This one accommodates 786 and will be finished by 2020. Doing the maths, that means another one of about this size for each of the next 5 years. (Wow)
There is also another 488 going in the new unilodge on Beach/Anzac to complete in 2020, So that's ~1300 beds , - so another ~2200 over the following 6 years seems fairly doable...

https://arrowinternational.co.nz/portfolio_page/new-student-accommodation-122-anzac-ave/

#14 ·
^^ Be honest, did you Google "pedagogy"?!

You clearly have a nasty insult for someone, but I'm not sure who it is. Could you clarify? Was it cleaners? Auckland University students? Auckland University staff? Everyone? (except close mates and SSC bloggers obviously) I'm happy to join the Haters, but I have to know who to hate first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.