SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Journeyman
17,887 Posts
It's based on "walk score." If I understand, that doesn't count anything qualitative. It's just proximity of certain types of businesses. Even if nothing can be walked to easily.

·
Je suis tout à vous
16,570 Posts
Well, San Diego is a large city, you won't get around if you're just gonna walk to point A to point B, especially in areas where public transportation is nonexistent (like North County).... If we are talking about pedestrian streets in San Diego and not just sidewalks, then you might be right, but I know "every corner" of San Diego County (i was born and grew up there 'till last May) and I can assure you that you can get very well around in most of San Diego County, at least in the most populated areas like National City, Chula Vista, La Mesa, El Cajon, Imperial Beach, downtown, Grossmont, Coronado etc. Btw, San Diego public transportation is not that bad ;), buses there run every 10 to 15 mins in most of the cities i mentioned above, except, probably in areas such as Otay Ranch, East Lake, or La Joya, where you have to wait at the bus-stop for 20 mins or so (at night) ... Anyway, i wish Miami had a good transportation like San Diego, I don't drive here and it takes me 1.15 hours to get to downtown! while in San Diego it takes you just 20 to 25 mins from Imperial beach to downtown San Diego..

·
Journeyman
17,887 Posts
It would be more accurate to say US. It would certainly be more clear...which should be obvious due to the frequent debates on this topic.

For those who don't study grammar, the "United States of America" doesn't suggest that we ARE America, just that we're in America. Anyone in NA/SA can choose to rename their country to "Peruvian Provinces of America" or whatever.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.