Welcome to another of my NYC neighborhood tours! This is Bedford Park. Located on the North section of the Bronx. This is a diverse working class neighborhood. The tallest towers in the Bronx are located here. They are called the Tracey Towers and are both 41 floors. Please enjoy my tour!
Bedford Park, Bronx
Bedford Park is a neighborhood in the borough of the Bronx in New York City bounded by Mosholu Parkway to the north, Bronx Park and Webster Avenue to the east, 194th Street and Kingsbridge Road to the south, and Goulden Avenue to the west. It borders the neighborhoods of Norwood, Fordham, and Kingsbridge.
As a low-rise residential neighborhood, Bedford Park has a "skyline" of mostly five-story walkups. The most noticeable exception to this are the Tracey Towers, two 41-story apartment buildings close to the Jerome Park Reservoir. Designed by noted architect Paul Rudolph, they were completed in 1972 as a part of New York City's Mitchell Lama housing development initiative, aimed at allowing moderate-to-middle income families to stay in the area.
2. The trains D and the B go right under the Grand Concourse.
6. Grand Concourse has a great collection of Art Deco style buildings.
10. Look at all those antennas.
15. The Tracey Towers trumps over everything. They are middle class housing.
18. This neighborhood has some parks.
26. New Stuff.
30. I like that street curve. There a few more in the neighborhood.
31. More Art Deco style.
32. There are slopes on the street aswell. Keeps the neighborhood interesting.
40. New construction all over the place
46. I like that house. Looks so proud next to that apartment building.
50. Some streets full of apartment canyons
52. Those underpasses are so interesting. The subway goes underneath there aswell.
60. A local supermarket.
61. Some more shopping at many places.
66. Some shopping streets
70. The elevated train. The number 4 line goes thru there.