SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· resident hochdeutsch
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quedlinburg a little town that's situated in the west of Saxony-Anhalt in the Harz mountains (former GDR). The population is about 23.000.
Quedlingburg is one of the cities with the most half-timbered buildings in Germany.

Since December 1994 the old town of Quedlinburg and the castle mount with the collegiate church are listed as one of UNESCO's World Heritage Sites. (6th to last picture).

I really is a great town to visit and spend a day, so much beautiful houses. Also the town is located in a really nice region with other stunning little cities like Goslar and Wernigerode just a few kilometers away. I wouldn't want to live there though, the next big city is far away, it seems quite boring.

The first 41 pics were taken with an old analog Canon, the rest with a small digital camera.
We didn't catch the best weather but it still was the only day in the week where it wasn't raining. Should have went this week, it beautiful right now.

Climbing up the castle mount

East-German traffic light men:

More info on them and the difference to their west-german counterparts

View fro the parking space. On the left you can see the castle mount with the collegiate church:

on the right you can see the Münz-mountain.

I took the following pictures from there

· LIBERTINED
83,212 Posts
Yay, I fell in love with this charming fairy tale dream of East Germany :) Go, Ossis, Go!

I've been there some years ago and was absolutely amazed by it. Belongs to the top league of beautiful towns imo. Not much that can even compete around Europe (esp. regarding timbered houses).

· Registered
Hui Wäller? Allemol!
6,501 Posts
wow, what a beautiful and i think unknown town! i mean, everybody knows about rothenburg and maybe dinkelsbühl, but quedlinburg? really worth a visit!

· Registered
311 Posts
Thank you for your pictures...
Quedlinburg, Wernigerode, Goslar and Stolberg are some of the highlights of the Harz region. You do feel like it is part of fairytales.

I have a little amout of Harz pictures that I will upload in this forum...

· Banned
5,720 Posts
Thank you for your pictures...
Quedlinburg, Wernigerode, Goslar and Stolberg are some of the highlights of the Harz region. You do feel like it is part of fairytales.

I have a little amout of Harz pictures that I will upload in this forum...
I'm looking forward to that :)

Quedlinburg is awesome, I'm glad this town survived the bombardments during WW2 and the communists after

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.