Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about a month ago - i took my trusty digicam on a walk from my office in midtown (57/7) down to the kraft restaurant on 42nd & 9th. GREAT burgers!!! anyways - in order, here is what i saw....

·
jive turkey
2,343 Posts
HOLY MIDTOWN MADNESS GOTHMAN!

Good word son! You need to take these walks more often :eek2:

While all of them are beautiful, the first few, IMO are what dreams are made of..
A seamlessly never ending stretch of greatness that is captured by some, but rivaled by none..

Dr.Goth is in, and on point......

first rate mang ;)...

·
Registered
438 Posts
sfenn1117 said:
Great pics. What is the building under construction in Times Square?
Thats the Orion. Its gonna be a 60 story apartment tower!

In a few years, western Midtown is gonna have such ridiculous density - with Hearst, BOA, NYT, Orion and whatever else is gonna go up!

I also love the juxtaposition in these pics between the newly built glass buildings, like Time Warner, and the old school tenement blocks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
very nice pics! I've seen this movie about hells kitchen starring angelina jolie. it shows the roughness of this part of manhattan. Fortunatly, considering your pics that's all history

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
I am surprised that many still call Clinton Hell's Kitchen.

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
those carnegie hall tower pics are some of the best ive seen! now i really regret not dropping by the cityspire trio during my midtown excursion.

nice job in contrasting the more quiet residential clinton against the backdrop of the midtown skyscrapers. 1 worldwide plaza looks almost like a stepping stone between the two districts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts