SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daniel Libeskind designed the Imperial War Museum in Manchester UK. In February 2003, he was awarded the design for ground zero and the world trade centre site.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
no interior pics? hmm, i'll have to check this out this summer. i didn't make it to manchester last summer.

-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interior

LSyd said:
no interior pics? hmm, i'll have to check this out this summer. i didn't make it to manchester last summer.

Sorry but the interior is a little dark and gloomy, its full of curves and ramps going off in all directions, which is very good. The best bit is the displays are about war relating to ordinary people, not full of Generals and leaders of war. Its worth a visit if you are passing by and its still free as far as I know :)

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
icarus said:
LSyd said:

Sorry but the interior is a little dark and gloomy, its full of curves and ramps going off in all directions, which is very good. The best bit is the displays are about war relating to ordinary people, not full of Generals and leaders of war. Its worth a visit if you are passing by and its still free as far as I know :)
excellent. i loved london's IWM, and i like military museums, so this is great as now i've got definite plans for something to do in manchester.

-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts