SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1118 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ballymore is now marketing this huge development - 25 storeys. Looks like construction could start very soon :banana:. Very close to 1CS, will definitely add to the density of the cluster. Imagine with Churchill Place u/c, Marsh Wall u/c (?) and Pan-Peninsula 1&2 u/c and maybe sometime Riversouth 1&2 Canary Wharf will change completely by 2010. Link to the website. clink then on the link to the brochure http://www.ballymore.co.uk/site/bally_development_page.php?development_id=29&page_id=29
Two pics taken from the brochure. very interesting aerial views of CW as well. You will also know everything about the toilets!

·
Registered
23 Posts
My guess:
Crossharbour and 4 Mastmaker Road will be the next Ballymore projects on the island.

Like every other office scheme to the South of Canary Wharf, this still faces a tough market at the moment!

·
Registered
22,417 Posts
Dull, crap. The area has moved on and I think something much more exciting can and should be built here.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DarJoLe said:
I would be happy to work in such a building in such a place. I can understand you find it "dull" but I also believe unfair - and I would say stupid - to call it "crap". You should also know by now that Canary Wharf/TH does not have the same planning policies as the City.

·
Registered
9,256 Posts
Speaking of the 100-130m towers, is there news on any of the others? Norton Folgate, 100 Middlesex, Convoys wharf, Creekside, 1 Harbour quay, Eagle house, Granite wharf 1+2, News international HQ, etc... etc...

There are so many of the smaller ones that you hardly ever here about...

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
I think this is a wasted oppotunity if built in current form.

When this was proposed it was quite high for the area- but as Darjole states the areas moved on. just up the road is RS & Marsh wall & it will be opposite HQ west & down the road is PanP- All taller- They could get away with a much taller scheme easily now.

Jef- are you sure this is a new brochure as the renderings & pictures look pre bank st & churchill place??

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
london lad said:
Jef- are you sure this is a new brochure as the renderings & pictures look pre bank st & churchill place??
i know that the development has been around for years. In late 2005 Ballymore decided to reclassify it as a "viable project". Since March 2006, they are marketing the scheme. The brochure is new indeed. The renderings refer to the building that was approved years ago. My point is that the scheme is now in the marketing phase.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Its a bit blocky but its position would help break up that wall formed by those nastily uniform in height hq towers.

·
NW London baby!
4,848 Posts
Well it's a box, but that's what Canary Wharf is, a bunch of bland boxes. However the effect of them all together is lush lush lush, so the more the merrier. :)

1 - 20 of 1118 Posts