SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Banned
2,602 Posts
Superb pics Juxtapol. Those abandoned warehouses, in their abandoned areas remind me a bit of the Bronx or something- their old bricks look incredibly nostalgic. That pic of Stanley Dock could easily be a scene from an American gangster movie. I really love these buildings- they are unbelievably huge and impressive. It's also really sad how they've ended up empty and abandoned when they quite clearly used to play such an important role. I hope these buildings are kept and turned into something new in the future. - what's the latest on Stanley Dock?

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Super J said:
That interesting warehouse off parliament street is known as the buddleia project.

Heres a link to what they're up to. Could do with spending afew quid sorting it out externally thats for sure, but she's a beaut.

http://www.buddleia.org/
Ah...buddleia project, thats the one.

Thanks for the link, :cheers:

Had a little look, and shows that they are going to spend £12Million to redevelop the site and other listed buildings in the area.

Grrrrreat :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Blabbernsmoke said:
Superb pics Juxtapol. Those abandoned warehouses, in their abandoned areas remind me a bit of the Bronx or something- their old bricks look incredibly nostalgic. That pic of Stanley Dock could easily be a scene from an American gangster movie. I really love these buildings- they are unbelievably huge and impressive. It's also really sad how they've ended up empty and abandoned when they quite clearly used to play such an important role. I hope these buildings are kept and turned into something new in the future. - what's the latest on Stanley Dock?
You wont believe the amount of Liverpool Docks that have been used in TV and Film productions:

Al's Lads in Particular

David Copperfield (BBC)

the list goes on...

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blabbernsmoke said:
I'm Eagerly awaiting some positive action from Kitgrove the developers. They were supposed to be refurbishing the Jessey Hartley warehouse first, and demolishing some 1950s additions. Then tackling the larger Stanley Warehouse later. The plans they released as shown in the Echo looked great, but it's all gone a bit quiet...!

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Englishman said:
when are they gonna get turned into appartments?
Having said that property is quite cheap in Liverpool so maybe it's not cost effective?
Some parts of liverpool are relatively cheap, but some apartments in the Albert dock warehouses sell for around 1/2M.

Have a look here to see the price of some developments in Liverpool

·
Registered Drug User
760 Posts
Great pictures. I love these old warehouses. Always a shame when they are threatened with demolition, we've lost way too many of these old gems. Brilliant that Stanley dock warehouse is being renovated.

·
Registered
817 Posts

Converting these old warehouses into apartments seems to be very popular, but I'd rather they were used more for mixed use schemes, like the Albert Dock and Stanley Dock (If it ever gets done...). The idea of allowing artists to use them is good, they'd make good galleries or museums.

Wouldn't mind living in one though. Great buildings these. :)

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
bustcapl said:
it really does make you think about the massive amount of potential there is in liverpool to become a world city just look at daves second last phot , the site is massive!
Bust m8, just a bit of brain(?)storming on my part after reading your post. What does the Forum think about having a "Potential Development Area" thread?

·
Cork 2005
2,250 Posts
scouserdave said:
Bust m8, just a bit of brain(?)storming on my part after reading your post. What does the Forum think about having a "Potential Development Area" thread?
That could become a very large thread aswell dave, and you never knopw some aspuiring investors may just wake up to the massive potential that exists here! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.