SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Polonia Hotel **** is one of the oldest buildings of this kind in Warsaw.

The Hotel was built in 1913 and has maintained its original secessions character of architecture and interior decoration.

Polonia Hotel is situated in downtown Warsaw just across from The Palace Of Culture next to the Marriott and Forum hotels.

The Polonia Palace Hotel offers 206 stylish rooms, individually designed and decorated with the highest quality fabrics, furnishings and fittings, including: 121 Deluxe King, 12 Deluxe Queen, 56 Deluxe Twin, 6 Deluxe Corner, 5 Junior Suites, 2 Suites and 1 English Apartment. 3 rooms for disabled guests are available, too.

The hotel was officialy opened last month after renovation.

photos by @kaaos:

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Singidunum said:
nice. was it destroyed in WWII?
no - as far as I remeber it was the only Warsaw hotel that survived without major damage after the II WW.

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
old photo of 'Polonia' hotel (first building on the left)

·
Registered
39 Posts
The only bad thing about it is the view from Polonia hotel -- you see the ugly, empty Plac Defilad (with it's three metal bazaar halls). From such a classy hotel, it'd be nice to have a decent view. I hope that plan to construct on Plac Defilad will present some very nice, super modern architecture. It will make the area feel like a real metropolis finally.

·
Registered
471 Posts
That photo up there is amazing however! What a view! Those old architecture buildings and the skyscrapers in the background! Looks and feels soooo dynamic! I have to say that it's on eof the best photos of Warszawa I've seen! :D Whoever took this photo has a great eye :) And I also have to say that the hotel looks amazing. I love the reception hall! Gorgeous! :D

·
Registered
471 Posts

Daaaaaamn!!! This looks VERY impressive!!! Cant wait till Rondo1 and ZT are all done! Very impressive indeed. :eek2:

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
I feel pressured to add that this

Is indeed the best photograph of Warsaw I have seen in my life. It's also superior to what my own eyes showed me during my stay in Warsaw. It just kills me with positive jealousy!

·
Globetrekker
1,131 Posts
^^^ I agree, Stan. That's going on the desktop. ;)

·
Registered
471 Posts

Gamla stan - Stare miasto: hör kan man dricka god polsk öl och äta god mat under parasollerna. Till höger i bild syns slottet.

Vy över Warszawa. Gamla stan i förgrunden och Warszawa city i bakgrunden.

Lite bilder på gamla stan och "Nowy Swiat" - "Nya Världen"-stadsdelen

Lite ny arkitektur i Warszawa

Du kan ju alltid bo på Bristol Hotell, lär dock vara svindyrt!

Vy över Warszawa's skyline på natten

Här har du Intercontinental till vänster. Byggnaden i mitten är färdigbyggd idag. Detta är i centrala Warszawa.

Här ännu en nattbild av centrala Warszawa. Intercontinental längst till vänster igen. Riktigt fräsch byggnad och inredningen är modern: Kolal länken nedan för lite bilder inne i hotellet Intercontinental:
http://www.emporis.com/en/il/pc/?id=100168&aid=8&sro=46

·
Registered
471 Posts
@SoboleuS: Thanx for the link! I wonder if any forumer who happens to live in Warszawa could go to this place and take the same perspective photo so we can see what it looks like today! :D One day time photo and one night time photo :)

·
Where is my Genie lamp?
886 Posts
SoboleuS said:
The views from Polonia Hotel window (photos by kaaos)

The first view isn't very impressive :(

I can't wait for construction of Plac Defiled to start and they tear the market down. Once defiled is rebuilt with beautiful arctecture only then will the view
be pleasant

·
Where is my Genie lamp?
886 Posts
Plac defiled is the area just around PKiN (Palace of Culture and Science). Right now its just earth with some trees here and there, and a market which you can see in the pic above.

There are some plans for defiled nothing concrete as of yet. Although, on the Polish forum you can find a HUGE discussion about the project, including a short video explaining what the city planners ahve in mind for the area.

I (think) i read somewhere on the polish forum something about the proposals this late this year but I can't confirm that. big names are interested in this project and maybe even arctects like Norman Foster among others. This will be a huge project and will forever change Central Warsaw. I think I may start a thread about this after my politcs exam today which will be over at 11pm.

I must say this is my most anticipated project for Warsaw at this time, I have huge hopes set on this one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts