SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 420 Posts

·
Boxes rule
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warsaw's skyline - from grandma's balcony :)

This summer I visited my Grandma in Warsaw. As she has a wonderful view of Warsaw's skyline from her balcony I couldn't resist to take "some" pictures of it. After a time of hesitation I decided to share them with the rest of humanity ;) I hope that you will enjoy them.

For those of you that are not so familiar with Warsaw's skyscrapers I made the panorama below:

The photos are in chronical order. We start at 18:50 local time:

18:50 Warsaw's skyline in front of us :). The sun is preparing to set.

19:13 The sharp rays of the setting sun hit the surfaces of WCF and Intercontinental.

19:23 The sky is getting red.

19:35 No comments... I'm just sitting and enjoing life :cheers:

19:43 Good bye sun, hello moon :) The buildings are still dark, only Mariott is iluminated so far. At closer look you can also see some weak lights at the Palace and TPSA.

19:54 The Palace and the tower of Royal Castle are now illuminated. The signs on WFC and Intercontinental have been lit.

20:01 Intraco catches the last glimpes of the sunset.

20:21 The Royal Castle, the Grande Theatre, the Cathedral and the Jesuite Church, are all beatifully enlighted. The Palace has awakened for real.

21:06 Darkness has fallen. The moon has taken a stroll to the right side of our view. The Palace is "burning".

21:46 The moon is approaching WTT. Grandma wonders if came to to visit her or her balcony... Time to go inside, I presume ;)

I'm sleeping... Don't disturb.

05:19 Back to business. You cannot sleep forever, can you? :D Warsaw sunrise. Birds, birds and birds...

05:30 The sky gets rosy. The Blue Tower gets "mad".

05:39 I'm enjoing life! Could have been a little bit warmer though ;)

05:47 The Blue Tower has calmed down a bit. Instead PZU Tower is having its 5 minuts in the spotlight :)

05:48 Elegant Intraco and "angry" Babka Tower ;)

06:03 Sunlight!!! :eek:

06:03 Zoooom. You can see the contrasts of historical, commie-block and modern Warsaw.

08:48 Another zoom. Another contrasts. PZU Tower rising above the roofs of tenement houses in the Old Town square. Blue Tower surrounded by commie-blocks.

08:48 In the daylight. A little bit boring...

08:50 And finally the last pic from this series. My favourite though, cause I love trams :)

Appendix: ;)

A banner recently shown on SCC. Based on a panorama shot from Grandmas balcony between 19:16 and 19:18 :)

View from the Palace of Culture and Science. The orange arrow pokes at my Grandma's place.

In Grandma's appartment the skysrapers are always present (here Intraco)

View towards the magic ;) balcony.

This net prevents the pigeons from doing things you don't want them to do on your balcony ;)

The author of this thread at his favourite balcony :) Exclusive bonus pic to be added to your collection :D

The pics were taken on August 23rd and 24th this year. I hope that you enjoyed them :cheers:

·
Boxes rule
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Singidunum said:
great pics!

grandma certainly lives on great place!!! does she love skyscrapers?
ehhmmm... I'm not sure... I've heard her talking about "those strange sticks"... ;) But she certainly loves the view from her balcony :)

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Great pictures. You always have good quality pictures with interesting comments :) we should all sponsor your visits to different cities, because you represent everything well :D

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
In my opinion Warsaw has one of the best panoramas in Europe. great pics Michau , but the bushes on the foreground disturb a lot!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Down with Bushes :) . Great Great pics.

P.S. michau when you were in Moscow did you take any pics and if so any
chances to see them?

·
Boxes rule
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your comments :cheers:

Pan_Stanislav said:
Great pictures. You always have good quality pictures with interesting comments :) we should all sponsor your visits to different cities, because you represent everything well :D
Great idea, Stas :D I can start with Lviv and then go to Kiev again to complete my work there ;)

doc said:
P.S. michau when you were in Moscow did you take any pics and if so any
chances to see them?
Of course, I took pics :) I plan to present them here as soon as possible. For now you can see:

a pano in this thread - Panoramas of Our Skylines

some girls - Slavic women

some aerials - Moscow aerial views

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
Amazing pics! Great comments!:D Especially the "Grandma wonders if I came to visit her or the balcony".:D Pure genius.;)

·
Boxes rule
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Next summer 3 more buildings should be visible, I think:

·
Iroquois of Europe
9,880 Posts
a real Warsaw center from above (be careful with your computer ;) )

Most popular on this forum are pictures of the Old Town and towers in Warsaw, but the place where heart of the city beats, lies southward from the Old Town and eastward from the main highrises cluster.

·
Iroquois of Europe
9,880 Posts

by @Redhatt National Museum and stock exchange

from my SSC archive (Idon't know the authors)

Na Rozdrozu Square

Zbawiciela square

·
Iroquois of Europe
9,880 Posts
EDIT ;)

Singidunum said:
I can`t see find any skyscrapers
lol
Skyscrapers are westward from that first satelite photo. Warsaw is a big city. ;)

BTW

Palace of Culture and Science

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Impressive detail. I see three bridges used by car traffic...are there any more in/around Warsaw?
of course:
you can see:(from above)

1)Swietokrzyski bridge
2)poniatowskiego bridge
3)Lazienkowski bridge

But are not able to see:
1)Grota Roweckiego bridge
2)gdanski Bridge
3)Slasko-dabrowki
4)Siekierkowski

All these bridges are used by car traffic!!!

·
Iroquois of Europe
9,880 Posts
Other perspectives and bridges from above

1 - 20 of 420 Posts