SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Or is it?
10,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shuttle, and sonic boom, set for Kern this afternoon

http://www.kget.com/news/local/stor...rn-this-afternoon/6zlMLv_1CE6h4DQu1RHHeQ.cspx
The Space Shuttle is expected to land in eastern Kern County just before 6 p.m. Friday night.

The landing is scheduled for 5:53 p.m. Pacific Time. The Shuttle’s trademark double sonic boom should rattle Bakersfield at about 5:45 p.m.

Discovery and its seven astronauts will land in California because of stormy weather at NASA's home port in Florida. The weather prevented Thursday’s return and was even worse today.

Alan Brown at the NASA’s Dryden Flight Research Center said Edwards is closed to the public. There is a possibility the craft could be seen from near the base, but that is far from certain. The Shuttle will be at a very high altitude and, Brown said, there was a low level of cloud cover over the base Friday afternoon.

The best place to try to see the landing is adjacent to the base, three or four miles west of Boron on Twenty Mule Team Road, he said.

That’s about 90 minutes from Bakersfield.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
My stupid neighbor got worried since today is 9/11...go figure* :nuts:

·
Or is it?
10,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^ Sounds like an old white lady

I wonder if people really think that terrorists will strike on the same day.

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
I was asleep with my head against the wall and that must have been what woke me up.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
^^ Sounds like an old white lady

I wonder if people really think that terrorists will strike on the same day.
^ She is new to the hood and she's in her late fifties or so. She has a slight English accent but dunno if she is like Iranian, turkish or Hispanic. She's hard to tell when you look at her and her family especially that tend to keep to themself. So now that I look at it, they are definitely not Hispanic since they don't have a party every weekend!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts