SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 3901 Posts

·
10,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's try this again.

Rules:

1. No global warming discussion. There are threads on global warming in the In the News section and elsewhere ad nauseum. Let's keep this a reasonably pleasant chat about the local weather.

2. No politics. Greg Nickels, Christine Gregoire and George Bush have no control over the weather in Seattle or the climate in Washington state. Therefore, any mention of them is off-topic and will be deleted. End of story.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I heard this has been the coldest June since 1891.

My family lost power in Kirkland.

The mountains had a heavy snow warning!

I am SOOOOOOO ready for warm weather!!!

·
You're Welcome
164 Posts
man. this wather, this year really pisses me off. i've lived here in washington for 10 years now and i dont remember the weather being this bad. last fall i bought a motorbike and i rode it as much as i could, but i was really looking forward to this summer, so i can ride it even more. but noooo. it's been cold and friking raning almost everyday. and that day that's not raining, i've been working. god damn it. "am moving to tuscan AZ" lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
cold

Let's try this again.
Well, that explains why I couldn't access this thread earlier.
------
Anyway, personally, I'd rather have this than the 100+ degree weather back east. Although it sure has taken a toll on my poor vegetables. I planted a much bigger crop this year to help offset the rising food prices, and it looks like nature is mocking me. My broccoli is bolting and my tomatoes have grown a lousy 3" this month... no blooms yet.
And I won't even get into the sorry state of my zucchini.
Makes me wonder how WA's famous cash crops (apples, pears, hops, etc...) are fairing with this inclement weather.

Not looking good for a plot I planted the end of March :(

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
man. this wather, this year really pisses me off. i've lived here in washington for 10 years now and i dont remember the weather being this bad. last fall i bought a motorbike and i rode it as much as i could, but i was really looking forward to this summer, so i can ride it even more. but noooo. it's been cold and friking raning almost everyday. and that day that's not raining, i've been working. god damn it. "am moving to tuscan AZ" lol
hahah "Tuscan AZ"

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
TacomaBoy,

I feel your pain, I am an avid gardener too. My squash are struggling, my tomatoes are hating life, and my corn is stagnant. I would be dead in the water on the corn front if I didn't start them indoors in paper pots. I am using clear 2 liter bottles filled with water to act as heat radiators, but were are not getting enough sun to warm them up. My chilis are still indoors.

The peas and spinach are loving this weather however... The strawberry crop is looking good too. I should be able to start harvesting this weekend.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Here are some garden pics. We are having our coldest spring since 1917. Ouch, unless you are a pea plant.

Beans & Corn:

Lettuce, leeks, carrots, onions, spinach, and struggling cucs:

Peas and potatoes (above peas on left, I am building a potato bin this year):

Strawberries:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
This has been the best Sept that I remember. Today is the first cloudy day this month, and today is the 18th. This weekend is going to be nice.:banana:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Its been a great Fall. Summer was not bad either.
But the Spring sucked. But all this nice weather paid off.

1 - 20 of 3901 Posts