188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Registered
12,470 Posts

This building is totally out of place unless its part of a wider project. Though if it will ever materialize it will change the face of Watamu.

·
Registered
12,470 Posts
I was super skeptical but once I see 3d models then I know this project is very much real with very serious investors.

WOW!!! The designs are perfect. The biggest issue now will be how well will the residents react to such a project.

Source

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
12,470 Posts
Project investors come from New York coupled with Italian tourist magnate Franco Rosso who is also developing a 20-floor skyscraper in Malindi. This project is also part of his vision of Transform Malindi into an international tourist hotspot.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Project investors come from New York coupled with Italian tourist magnate Franco Rosso who is also developing a 20-floor skyscraper in Malindi. This project is also part of his vision of Transform Malindi into an international tourist hotspot.
At such a height, complimented with dwarfs, it will be alone ranger, like a tower in a jungle.

It would have done much much better at Tudor Creek.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At such a height, complimented with dwarfs, it will be alone ranger, like a tower in a jungle.

Very true, like a tall palm tree in a maize plantation. Funny. Tudor creek, a location near the [email protected] Kizingo or English point(Nyali) would have done better. It even dwarfs Africa's tallest "The Leonardo" 227m in Johannesburg.

·
Registered
641 Posts

I think its fine where it is. This could be the beginning of the total transformation of North Coast/Malindi/Watamu.

Its a huge gamble and if it pans out then it will attract even more developers.

The only problem is the infrastructure in the area is poor and lets not forget: CORRUPTION!!

·
Ea Rocks
912 Posts
Some of the members look quite serious in what they do. Especially judging from some of their projects in other places like SA. Also noted their offices are listed as one world trade center. Someone can confirm this.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
It must be part of a wider development. Plus with the Northern Bypass plans the region is very much ripe for development.

Once the Malindi airport upgrade is finally done. The Italians will pour forth and transform the place they have been itching to do so for a very long time but things don't see the change thanks to a very slow and inefficient government system.
The Kenyan coast is an Untapped gold mine! With all the mega infrastructure projects at the coast, it obvious that there is something brewing that only the wenye-nchi know. Adm is the Northern bypass the same project as the dualing of Mbsa - Malindi highway? All we need is to turn Kenya into a financial center(tax heaven) and watch some of this coastal towns grow like crazy!

Those saying that this building will be misplaced, mnakumbuka how Rahimtula used to stick out? It only takes one major development like this to spark a chain reaction.

I predict that pretty soon we will start seeing Avic like projects at the coast, targeting rich/middle upper chinese who would like to buy a vacation home. This is just a start fo things to come

·
Registered
852 Posts
The Kenyan coast is an Untapped gold mine! With all the mega infrastructure projects at the coast, it obvious that there is something brewing that only the wenye-nchi know. Adm is the Northern bypass the same project as the dualing of Mbsa - Malindi highway? All we need is to turn Kenya into a financial center(tax heaven) and watch some of this coastal towns grow like crazy!

Those saying that this building will be misplaced, mnakumbuka how Rahimtula used to stick out? It only takes one major development like this to spark a chain reaction.

I predict that pretty soon we will start seeing Avic like projects at the coast, targeting rich/middle upper Chinese who would like to buy a vacation home. This is just a start of things to come.
I FIND IT JOKE OFF THE YEAR GOING BY THE FACT THAT AS AT NOW IT WILL BE THE SECOND TALLEST BUILDING IN AFRICA.

SUCH PROJECTS ARE ATTRACTED BY MORE DEVELOPED INFRASTRUCTURE WHICH IS NOT THERE IN WATAMU. COLOSSAL AMOUNT WILL BE SPENT ON THIS MEGA PROJECT, I WORK IN WATAMU AND I KNOW WE ARE STRUGGLING TO HAVE TOURIST NUMBERS HERE. WHAT PROMPTED THEM TO CHOSE WATAMU HELL KNOWS.

RAHIMTULLA STUCK OUT WHERE THERE THERE IS INFRASTRUCTURE, THE BOOM IN ROADS CONSTRUCTION AS AT NOW ARE IN MOMBASA AND WATAMU CAN NEVER HAVE SUCH WITHIN OUR GENERATION. MAY BE THEY SHOULD CONSIDER RELOCATING THE IDEA TO MOMBASA, ITS NO DOUBT ALONG TUDOR CREEK IT WILL FIND HER RIGHTFUL HOME.

TO ME ITS A MISPLACED ORNAMENT THOUGH WE REMAIN TO SEE.

·
Mist™
589 Posts
When Mwale announced his plans of building a new city from scratch in a small unknown village in western Kenya, everyone said he was mad. Now after spending hundreds of millions in research and statistics the project is well underway and getting more attention and investors by the day... Heck almost all the houses are bought already.

If these guys are the serious developers guys say they are, they must have spent huge amounts of time and money to gather the numbers and statistics necessary to undertake such a project. And remember Watamu is a well known tourist destination unlike the small village in western Kenya.

My bet is on this project actually going through and surprising many with it's success.

·
Registered
12,470 Posts
"Everything will be done with a view to environmental sustainability and respect for Watamu - said Mascarino to those present, including representatives of environmental associations, entrepreneurs and residents of the Turtle Bay area who will be neighbors of" Palm Exotjca. "
Palm Exotjca has already obtained permits from Kilifi County and is awaiting the green light of the NEMA, the authority responsible for assessing the impact of new facilities on the territory and compliance with environmental standards.
The working team also made up of Kenyans from Nairobi, has guaranteed that the outstanding points about water recycling and desalination, the disposal of wastewater and salt, the light and shadow impact will be clarified soon. of the imposing structure.

The social and professional aspects should not be underestimated: within the project, an internal "hospitality" school will be built to create high-level professional skills among the employees and the aspiring ones of Watamu and surroundings.
"We are thinking of everything - assured Mascarino - we want to be an added value for Watamu, a place I have been visiting for 11 years and I love this place, which deserves global visibility, clientele of the highest level and a sustainable development that creates work, professionalism, and growth for the whole country "
The location has been confirmed. In Watamu on the non-seaside part of Turtle Bay Road and right next to Medina Palms. Size of land almost 3 acres, Offical groundbreaking is in December.

The Kilifi County Government has already given the green light. NEMA, KWS, and Ocean Trust a few months ago told the developer to produce a feasibility report on how they'd ensure that the turtle population and environment will be protected.

Hotel Chain showing strong interest is Dusit Thani.

Source 1

Source 2

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
I first heard about this on ctbuh.org, and my reactions were, "I don't get why small towns need towers that large." and, "Just leave the 300m-plus towers for Nairobi and Mombasa."

If this thing has only 61 floors, then I'm not sure why its height is 370 m. That will make Mombasa want to develop a supertall, too, in addition to making the Malindi/Watamu area want to become another major city for Kenya. Could the height of this new tower be reduced to 270 m to avoid making Nairobi and Mombasa jealous?

#Skepticism

1 - 20 of 153 Posts