Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Thanks for the Link Wez, very enjoyable, thanks for that, we have seen the next step in Avaiton History take place just then in that link.

·
me!
582 Posts
absolutely fucking amazing...

·
©
9,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look at the height of the tail compared to the A340-600!!
The A340-600 is still the longest airliner in the world though.

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
such a nice piece of machinery. it's just so unique and modern. what does a normal jumbo jet hold when it comes to passengers? becuase the A380 holds 800, so I want to compaire

·
7,976 Posts
The A380 only holds 800+ in all economy configuration. Normally it's around 555 in 3-classes. A 3-class 747-400 holds 350-420 people I think.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The airlines must be rubbing their hands together with glee. I remember flying from HK to London on one of two BA 747-400 flights that both left at exactly the same time and got to Heathrow at exactly the same time. Same with some of the busy legs between US capital cities. The ability to consolidate such flights will save the airlines a fortune.

Looking forward to the huge savings the airlines will be passing on to us consumers.... NOT.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
I actually saw that on Channel 9, that was awesome :).

·
Registered
97 Posts
mutzdeputz - hopefully the savings will be passed on by environmental costs - by reducing the number of flights and cramming as much people as possible :)

:O i thought the B777 was the longest, look at that thing! (A340-600)

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Wezza said:
The very first airborne photos of her are already up on www.airliners.net
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/825947/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/825948/L/
Well done Sam Chui!! He's a very well reknowned aviation photgrapher.
Hasn't Sammy done some photgrapher work for Australian Aviation, and is this months Issue out yet Wezza, that if you know it is.

By the way, as of Early 2003, the A340-600 is the worlds longest operational Aircraft, thanks to Virgin Atlantic being the Launch Customer and all.

·
©
9,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ Yes Sam Chui does have some photos that feature in several Australian Aviation magazines.

Me Simon: The 777-300 was the longest airliner in the world until the A340-600.

·
Registered
58 Posts
mutzdeputz said:
The airlines must be rubbing their hands together with glee. I remember flying from HK to London on one of two BA 747-400 flights that both left at exactly the same time and got to Heathrow at exactly the same time. Same with some of the busy legs between US capital cities. The ability to consolidate such flights will save the airlines a fortune.

Looking forward to the huge savings the airlines will be passing on to us consumers.... NOT.
Actually much of the competition in the airfare market is, and always has been, price-based. In the long run savings will be passed on. It's worth noting that over the past few decades, international airfares have consistently trended down in real terms.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts