SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With summer on its way the people in Buffalo know what a great asset the massive great lakes are. Take a look

Close in beach front cottage communities in Canada

Some of these images are a bit old. If you have a sharp eye you might find some missing buildings.

·
18,177 Posts
are some of these pictures from windmill point? that's one place where i haven't taken pictures of buffalo's skyline.

this thiread is a good opportunity for me to post some skyline pictures from canada that i never showed. i also have pictures of the point abino cottages that i never got around to (mainly because it's in canada so it doesn't fit in this forum as much, but posting them in the ontario forum wouldn't make much sense because it's not even big enough to be a town).

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xzmattzx said:
are some of these pictures from windmill point? that's one place where i haven't taken pictures of buffalo's skyline.

this thiread is a good opportunity for me to post some skyline pictures from canada that i never showed. i also have pictures of the point abino cottages that i never got around to (mainly because it's in canada so it doesn't fit in this forum as much, but posting them in the ontario forum wouldn't make much sense because it's not even big enough to be a town).
These are from between Crecent Beach and Bertie Bay. Lets see your pics! I really want to see the Point Abino stuff. I had a friend with a house up there. That is a very exclusive place.

·
18,177 Posts
here are my point abino pictures from last summer. i have been waiting for a good time to show you guys; i didn't want to make a new thread for these since opint abino is in canada and it would be stupid having canadian pictures in an american section. i didn't put these in the ontario section because i doubt anyone outside of a 20 mile radius has even heard of point abino. so i just let them sit idle on my computer. (for the record, i have other pictures from around the northeast which i never showed, but plan on getting to.)

i took all of these pictures when i took a guided tour of the point abino lighthouse. they do guided tours a couple times every month on the weekends in the summer, so there are a few opportunities to see it for yourself. the schedule was on a sign in front of one of the marinas on the point.

the rich family cottage

some cottages

the lighthouse

looking west towards port colborne. the white blob on the shoreline in the middle of the picture is port colborne.

port colborne again

looking towards the united states from the tip of the point.

the lighthouse

the buffalo skyline to the east. since it was morningtime, the skyline was only a silhouette. i have evening pictures of the skyline from various places like point abino or crystal beach where the skyline is much clearer.

the skyline again

looking from the shore through the trees at some cottages

the lighthouse keeper's house, from the early 1900's

buffalo skyline again

the rich family guest house

a quaint little chapel on the east side of the point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts