Niagara Falls

Nikola Tesla ( Serbian Inventor ) Monument at Niagara Falls

:)

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Pilj Waterfall (65,5 m) / Serbia

Piljski waterfall or Pilj (Пиљски водопад) with the reported heigh of 65,5 is the second highest waterfall in Serbia, discovered in 2002 in the Visok region.

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Angel Falls

Angel Falls in Venezuela is the world's tallest waterfall at 979 m (3,212 ft).

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Miruša Waterfalls / Serbia

Miruša waterfalls (Мируша); located on the Miruša river, a tributary to the White Drin, in the Metohija region of Serbia. The river carved a 10 kilometers long canyon and created 13 river lakes with waterfalls between them, earning the name "Plitvice of Metohija". The highest waterfall, between the sixth and seventh lake, is 22 meters high.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Iguazú falls

The waterfall system consists of 275 falls along 2.7 kilometers (1.67 miles) of the Iguazu River. Some of the individual falls are up to 82 meters (269 ft) in height, though the majority are about 64 metres (210 ft). The Devil's Throat, a U-shaped, 82-meter-high, 150-meter-wide and 700-meter-long (490 by 2300 feet) cataract, is the most impressive of all, and marks the border between Argentina and Brazil. Two thirds of the falls are within Argentine territory. The edge of the basalt cap recedes only 3 mm (0 in) per year. The water of the lower Iguazu collects in a canyon that drains into the Paraná River at Argentina, shortly downstream from the Itaipu dam.

·
Some Random User
682 Posts
VIRGINIA FALLS, NAHANNI NATIONAL PARK, NORTHWEST TERRITORIES, CANADA:

From Spectacular NWT (NWT Tourism):

At over 90 metres, twice the height of Niagara Falls, Nailicho, or Virginia Falls on the South Nahanni River in Nahanni National Park Reserve is a symbol of wild Nahanni Country.

Around 1,000 visitors make the pilgrimage to the Nahanni each year, by canoe or raft, or on day trips from nearby communities. River trippers can spend up to three weeks on the river, and must portage around the towering falls. They re-launch their boats below the thundering drop.

Day trippers fly in and land in floatplanes on the river above the falls. They can hike the boardwalk and portage route to photograph spectacular scenery.
The national park has been enlarged from 4,765 square kilometres to around 30,000 square kilometres to protect the area from oil and gas boom expected for the Mackenzie corridor in the near future.

The rock between the falls is called "Mason's Rock".

Source: Terry Parker and NWT Tourism

from zoltant of flickr

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Very impressive the Virginia Falls. :eek:

Iguazú falls

(...)marks the border between Argentina and Brazil. Two thirds of the falls are within Argentine territory
I know some Argentineans hate this, but you have to live with the fact that Iguazu is shared with Brazil, no matter if you have a larger part of it. And the best panorama view can be seen only on Brazilian side...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Rodrigo, ¿what is the problem that part of the falls are in the brazilian side?
I dont have problem about it, ¿what did you say that?, i didnt say anything about it.
Anyway the great majority of the iguazú falls are in the argentinian side, that is just the reallity.
In the brazilian side you have a great panoramic view of the argentinian side (of course), it belongs to Argentina anyway, but viewed from the brazilian side.

In the argentinian side you have fantastic views too and a lot of kind of views, just look the photos. . In fact the best view in my opinion is in the argentinian side... this is the best in my opinion:

Here is the border...

·
Ideas are bulletproof
4,884 Posts
I know some Argentineans hate this, but you have to live with the fact that Iguazu is shared with Brazil, no matter if you have a larger part of it. And the best panorama view can be seen only on Brazilian side...
Jajaja We just are showing our part and saying some information from wikipedia it`s a simple fact, we didn`t say our opinion. And honestly, I don`t know you but I prefer see The Devil's Throat and the whole "waterfall system" from inside, not from a distance of 100 meters or more.
Bye brother

·
Banned
842 Posts
Jajaja We just are showing our part and saying some information from wikipedia it`s a simple fact, we didn`t say our opinion. And honestly, I don`t know you but I prefer see The Devil's Throat and the whole "waterfall system" from inside, not from a distance of 100 meters or more.
Bye brother
The Iguazu falls look lovely like always. The widest falls in the world :cheers:

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
BTW, how is that possible the Pilj Waterfall to have been discovered in 2002?

hello bugarce

i have more infos...

3 waterfalls discovered in the last 20 years in serbia, one of them is the pilj (65m). the other falls are Čungulj (43 m) and Kurtulj (27 m). amzing nisam ni ja znao. all are in the staraplanina area :cheers:

Čungulj izgleda slicno kao Pilj...

Čunguljski waterfall or Čungulj (Чунгуљски водопад); discovered in 1996 and 43 meters high. It is located in the region of Visok, near the Čungulj peak of the Stara Planina, in the vicinity of the higher Piljski and shorter Kurtuljski waterfalls. It is also known as Čunguljski skok (Čungulj jump)

1 - 20 of 108 Posts