SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
^^^^he he yea...beats the brewery I guess for looks.

I think people are just amazed it turned out not awful, as the origional renderings indicated.

Speaking of the brewery...I think West Harbour City will be a much nicer looking neighbour.

KGB

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
KGB said:
I think people are just amazed it turned out not awful, as the origional renderings indicated.
Yea, you can say that again; I like that -- 'not awful.' Everyone had equally high expectations for this project I see.

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
"Delightfully average."

LOL

(I be scared to step out on one of those balconies though)

"Speaking of the brewery...I think West Harbour City will be a much nicer looking neighbour."

Have a bad feeling we may end up with University Plaza Phase 2 ... and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 ...

·
Registered
378 Posts
I like the very dark green glass far better then the green on the cityplace condos so far - so far this is my favorite of the Vancouver Style Green Glass Curtain Wall Water Front Condos.

I think the podiums at the base meets the street very well. I'm looking forward to the continued evolution of the WaterParkCity community.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think it's respectable. I prefer the east facade over the west. I'm not very fond of their latest phase 'Atlantis' though.

You have to wonder why on earth they made the balconies on the low-rise look directly into your neighbours living room! That's just stupid and poorly planned.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Looks a lot better than most of the Cityplace towers. I like it.

And I think West Harbour City will turn out nice too, the developer said that it will be glass, and limestone color pre-cast. But I think it will look like a bulky viewed on the north side because this baby's got back! :cheers:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Not bad, but it looks forlorn standing all alone without other skyscrapers near by.

I'm a little weary of the Tip Top development, but I'm looking forward to its completion before making any judgements. I do like the fact that the "Tip Top" sign is placed even higher than before!

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Buster said:
Not bad, but it looks forlorn standing all alone without other skyscrapers near by.

I'm a little weary of the Tip Top development, but I'm looking forward to its completion before making any judgements. I do like the fact that the "Tip Top" sign is placed even higher than before!
Speaking of Tip Top, is Context still interested in marketing "Tip Top II 37s, 351 ft."? I heard that it was cancelled because the developer was no longer interested in marketing it.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Mike in TO said:
^ Cancelled... another developer is interested in possibly doing one or two midrises on the site however.
How do you know about this Mike? Every site still seems to say that this is still proposed.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I work in the industry and have access to a lot of info regarding various developments. I can't really reveal anything more about Tip Top II until it's public information. All I can really say is that it is very unlikely that Context will put up what was originally planned as a 50 storey landmark tower.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Re Waterparckcity-- not so great, but it will get lost in the mass of Mini Vancouver-- the Skydive to Fort York area. The one - off buildings will be so-so, but the comulative effect of them all will truly be spectaular.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts