SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Kool Kat
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emaar last night dismissed a list of complaints issued by a group of Dubai Marina residents, saying it had already “addressed all relevant issues”.

The group, calling itself the Dubai Marina Homeowners’ Association, has given the property company a 25-page document claiming Emaar has failed to meet its obligations listed in the residents’ contracts.

The problems range from the lack of a promised beach club and business centre to a lack of ducting removing air from laundry rooms and kitchens in the luxury apartments.

The property developer last night dismissed the group, saying it is not legally recognised. “Currently there is no legal entity named ‘The Dubai Marina Home Owners Association’,” the company said in a statement.

“There remains a committee of representatives that were liaising with Emaar of whom at least four have resigned. Three of these departing representatives have cited their difference of opinion with the direction and position the committee is taking as the reason for resignation.

“They have advised Emaar that they do not believe the committee is truly representative of the community anymore,” it said. Residents are also complaining at the monthly maintenance fee charged by Emaar, saying it is too high.

“We audited all of the costs and found the set rate is highly inflated but Emaar ignored us and unilaterally set the rate,” a spokesman for the group said.

Emaar is asking for dhs10.41 per sq ft per year, but the committee says dhs8.81 per sq ft is more realistic.

Although similar residents groups in other Emaar developments are not legal bodies either, the property company has agreed to work with them.

“It is worth noting that representatives of other communities have made significant progress for the benefit of homeowners in their communities,” the company said.

·
Back in Blighty
3,187 Posts
To be honest I'm not really surprised upon reading this. Emaar are far too busy concerned with PR stunt meetings with Mr Armani, fake press conferences because Burj Dubai has reached a "landmark" 41 and a half floors....and generally smiling with all teeth gleening for cheesy newspaper photographs.

How can you blame unscrupulous developers from ripping investors off..when the Master developer is shadier than Marshall Mathers himself.

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
^^:hahaha: If you dont like them so much, why did you buy in one of their masterplanned developments? :D :colgate: :D

·
Back in Blighty
3,187 Posts
Coz its the lesser of 2 evils if you may. I'd rather own a badly managed apartment in Dubai than not at all. Erm...and money..really.

Another way of putting, I may not like the look of my local shopkeeper..but i still go round once a day for bread and milk.

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
I think Emmars problem is that they want to controll the properties they develp after they build them, but they dont want to run them. each project needs a competent manager. not some unqualified administrator.

...and coincidently i dont like the look of my local newsagent. the bastard short changed me 17p this morning :bash:

·
Back in Blighty
3,187 Posts
The point is, im not moaning all doom and gloom like some ppl are on this forum..in fact, on the whole im extremely happy with my investment so far. My purchase was just that, an investment..with a view to a long term gain.

But its just that it does get a bit annoying for investors when either developers or ppl like Emaar try and take the piss with their attitude or lack of common sense.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
^^ But you don't know yet how much you'll be forced to pay as maintanance fee for your apartment.

·
Back in Blighty
3,187 Posts
Well mentally i've kinda accepted 10dhs per sq.ft. If its more than that, then yes I might join the protestors..but as long as they're providing a good service to owners and doing all as stipulated by the contracts, im not really too fussed about the maintenance fee to be honest.

·
Registered
521 Posts
well this is has a become a very common trend in Dubai,
people are promised top notch service and product and end up getting nothing, and when you complain , developers deny it.. or just say -- it is not representative of the community--

well u know what, even if it was one single person complaining they should do whatever it takes to keep him/her happy.

I would give it 20 years untill Dubai's downfall.. if things continue like this..

·
Back in Blighty
3,187 Posts
Well on the maintenance fees alone, I don't think its that big a deal. What is a big deal is, as you rightly say, aftersales, customer service and looking after the interests of your residents first and foremost. In otherwords, I wouldn't complain for example if the maintenance fee was quite high but my apartment had also appreciated at a high rate..i'd just accept the situation, provided a reasonable level of service was given in return.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts