SkyscraperCity banner

461 - 480 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Registration of the land for Perikkallur KSRTC depot to be done tomorrow. 1 acre is being bought by Panchayat while the church is donating another acre.

Deepika, 2017-09-06

·
Registered
500 Posts
Wayanad Projects & Developments l Cityscapes

This is a new beginning in the public health sector in Kalpetta - General Hospital has been shifted to the new building at Kainatty.

Location, Location, Location
This is the best possible location for a hospital. Right at the intersection of two National Highways (existing NH766 and new Mananthavady-Mysore NH), with entrance from both roads.
The old building was on a hilltop, difficult even for a healthy person to walk up. I am sure this alone scared away some people. As per news report, the number of patients in OP had a steep rise after OP section was shifted to new building and I can fully understand that.

Continuing legacy of “free land” for developmental projects

This land (2 acre) was donated by Shanthi Varma Jain and family. They had also donated another 2 acre to Amrita trust’s hospital. That’s a total of 4 acre with NH frontage!

This is a continuing legacy of Kalpetta residents. Almost all major institutions in Kalpetta are set up on free land donated by various persons/families:
- Government College
- Government ITI
- Upcoming District Stadium
- Upcoming Government Medical College
- Fathima Hospital, which is now one of the biggest hospitals in the district, was set up on land donated by the then Panchayat President
- This list is incomplete, I only listed down some on top of my mind. Not to forget the original “government dispensary” was set up on donated land and building, as mentioned in the news article below.

Glad to see this ongoing selfless act by different people across many decades.

Next steps
The General Hospital has way to go in terms of specialty departments, number of beds etc. Now that the basic infrastructure is available, I hope the development follows gradually.

Meanwhile, it was said earlier the old campus will be converted into “Women and Children Hospital” after the General Hospital moves to Kainatty. Not sure if this is still the plan.....

[url]https://s19.postimg.org/5a54n1doz/D68_B6101-38_D1-4597-_A876-9859_BC2_C040_C.jpg[/url][/b]

Source: Deepika, 2017-10-12

·
Registered
500 Posts

New apartment project, coming up near KSRTC Depot, Kalpetta.

I believe all new projects will have to adhere to the “5-storeys max” height restriction.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Air Odisha to fly Mysore - Chennai from 30th November. This is the second service in the sector; TruJet started Mysore - Chennai service last month.

Air Odisha has also sought approvals for Mysore - Kochi service.

Hope Mysore Airport is able to retain these services. Mysore is the best connected airport from Wayanad; We can reach Mysore without ghat roads and also the airport is right on NH766, 10 km before the city. Roughly 2.5 hours by car from Kalpetta.

These Mysore - Chennai services will help passengers to Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand from Wayanad.

എയർ ഒഡീഷ മൈസൂരു- ചെന്നൈ വിമാനസർവീസ് നവംബർ 30 മുതൽ Saturday 21 October 2017 02:47 AM IST

മൈസൂരു ∙ എയർ ഒഡീഷയുടെ മൈസൂരു- ചെന്നൈ വിമാനസർവീസ് നവംബർ 30ന് ആരംഭിക്കും. കേന്ദ്ര സർക്കാരിന്റെ ഉഡാൻ പദ്ധതിയിൽപെടുത്തിയാണു മൈസൂരു മന്ദാകാലി വിമാനത്താവളത്തിൽ നിന്ന് കൂടുതൽ സർവീസുകൾ ആരംഭിക്കുന്നത്. കഴിഞ്ഞ മാസം ട്രൂലൈൻ ജെറ്റും മൈസൂരു-ചെന്നൈ സർവീസ് ആരംഭിച്ചിരുന്നു. മൈസൂരുവിൽനിന്ന് കൊച്ചിയിലേക്ക് സർവീസ് ആരംഭിക്കാനും എയർ ഒഡീഷ അനുമതി തേടിയിട്ടുണ്ട്.

Malayala Manorama, 2017-10-22

·
Banned
606 Posts
കാലാ കാലങ്ങളായി മലയാളികളെ വെറുപ്പിക്കുന്ന ഒരു സമൂഹം ആണ് കുട്ട ഭാഗത്തുള്ള കൊടകർ അവർ എന്തായാലും റയിൽ പാതയ്ക് എതിരു നിൽകാതിരിക്കില്ല
അവർ ഇതിനു മുമ്പ് വൈദ്യതി ലൈനിനായി എതിർ നിന്നു
ശക്തമായ ഇച്ചാശക്തി കേരള കർണാടക സർക്കാർ കാണിച്ചാൽ ,അവരുടെ തടസ്സങ്ങൾ ഒഴിവാക്കി കോഴിക്കോട് വയനാട് കണ്ണൂർ നിവാസികളുടെ സ്വപ്ന പദ്ധതി വിജയിപ്പിക്കുകയും പുതുതായി നിലമ്പൂർ മാനന്തവാടി റെയിൽ നിർമിക്കുകയും ചെയ്യാം

·
Registered
500 Posts
ഇത് മലയാളിവിരുദ്ധത ഒന്നും അല്ല. അവർ നേരത്തെ തന്നെ മൈസൂർ - മടിക്കേരി റെയിൽ പാത എതിർത്ത് കൊണ്ടിരിക്കുകയാണ്.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
If Kodava people are adamant on not allowing Railway Line through their district, it is better we try other options, especially through Mysore or Chamarajnagar district. We should also try connectivity to both Talassery and Nilambur to proposed Mysore line - that benefit both North Malabar, South Malabar, Wayanad, Central Kerala and South Kerala.

In such a situation, constructing a line to Nanjangud is ideal. There is already an existing line between Nanjangud and mysore.

My proposal is:

1) Nilambur Road-Chungathara-Pothukal-Chooralmala-Meppadi-Kalpetta-Muttil-Meenangadi-Moonnanakuzhi Jn Line

2) Talassery Jn - Koothuparambu - Periya - Boys Town - Tavinjal - Mananthavady - Panamaram - Nadavayal - Kenichira - Moonanakuzhi Jn Line

3) Moonnanakuzhi - Irulam - Pulpally - Mullenkolly - Padichira - Kolavally - N.Begur-Agathur-HD Kote - Madapura - Hampapura - Hullahalli - Nanjangud Line

This Moonnanakuzhi is a Central Point for 4 towns - Meenangadi, Sulthan Bathery, Pulpally, and Panamaram. So people in Sulthan Bathery (10 km) can also benefit from this line.

The third line is passing through Mysore District.

These three railway lines are passing through minimum forest area. So no difficulty in getting approval.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Alternate proposal is:

1) Nilambur Road-Chungathara-Palunda-Pothukal-Munderi-Chooralmala-Meppadi-Puthoorvayal-Kalpetta Line

2) Kalpetta-Muttil-Meenangadi-Moonnanakuzhi-Irulam-Kalluvayal-Pulpally Line

3) Talassery Jn - Pattiam - Cheruvancherry - Kannavam - Kolayad - Nedumpoil -
Periya - Boys Town - Tavinjal - Mananthavady - Payyampally - Koodalkadavu - Kuttichipatta - Pulpally Line

3) Pulpally - Mullenkolly - Padichira - Kolavally - N.Begur-Agathur-Heggadahalli (HD Kote) Belathur - Hampapura - Hullahalli - Nanjangud Line

Once these 4 lines are fulfilled, I think Pulpally will emerge as the fourth Urban Area in Wayanad district.

·
Registered
500 Posts

It is impossible to implement any project when local residents are opposing it. We have seen the problems earlier on Mysore - Areacode power grid line and we already knew Kodagu people were opposing the Mysore - Madikeri railway project. I do not know what made our government to propose this Thalassery rail through Kodagu.

The only option is the connectivity to Nanjangud with underground tunnel to cross the national park. If the forest officials and environmental activists are still concerned, let them prove to the court how the tunnel will harm the forests.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
It is impossible to implement any project when local residents are opposing it. We have seen the problems earlier on Mysore - Areacode power grid line and we already knew Kodagu people were opposing the Mysore - Madikeri railway project. I do not know what made our government to propose this Thalassery rail through Kodagu.

The only option is the connectivity to Nanjangud with underground tunnel to cross the national park. If the forest officials and environmental activists are still concerned, let them prove to the court how the tunnel will harm the forests.
My proposal is the only alternative:

We can have 3 lines:
1. Talassery-Periya-Mananthavady-Pulpally Line
2. Nilambur Road-Chungathara-Chooralmala-Meppadi-Kalpetta-Meenangadi-Moonnanakuzhy-Irulam-Pulpally Line
3. Pulpally-Padichira-N Begur-Heggadahalli(HD Kote)-Hampapura-Hullahalli-Nanjangud Line

These 3 lines can be implemented with the minimum usage of forest area.

This will benefit the entire area of Wayanad district. Pulpally will emerge as the fourth urban area as it is going to become a Railway Junction.

Moonnanakuzhy-Beenachi (near Sulthan Bathery) Road can be upgraded to NH Standard, so that Sulthan Bathery will also benefit from this railway line.

·
Registered
500 Posts
KIFBI representatives visit the site for Government Medical College, in connection with preparation of Detailed Project Report.

Malayala Manorama, 2017-11-20

·
Registered
500 Posts
Aster Wayanad Speciality Hospital has been inaugurated at Meppadi.

Mathrubhumi, 2017-11-21

Malayala Manorama, 2017-11-20

461 - 480 of 516 Posts