Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am currently doing a project regarding to the Wayfinding System of NEL station.
Could anyone share with me ur comment abt the WayFinding System at Dhoby Ghaut NEL Station??
Any Difficulties or Problems u met abt the wayfinding system??
Any improvement should be made to this??
Thnk you.

·
3,636 Posts
Whats wayfinding?
Something to find your way, I would guess :nuts:

However, with that many times I've been through this station, taken photos inside and all, I never knew there was a wayfinding system of any kind inside ^ ^ Hence a suggested improvement: place the wayfinding system in a location that is obvious to passenger traffic ^ ^

(or tell me to go buy glasses ^ ^ )

·
arkitect
1,326 Posts
Hmmm... perhaps a complementary wayfinding system to help you find the way to the way finding system...

Seriously, I don't think its very successful. Look at the response you get here. 3/3, never seen or heard about it before...

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where is it(the way finding system)?
Wayfinding is the use of pictures, words, colors, sound and architecture to help people find their way quickly and easily.
Does the present system of signs, maps, architectural elements,
graphic elements, audible and tactile communications, consistent clues etc., help commuters to find their way out to their destination?
If not, what improvements can be made?

·
means tortoise in malay
2,576 Posts
yea...actually i always get lost and got out of the wrong exit.....

damn hard to navigate and i must say that i am very good with directions...

maybe they can use different colours or a small map containing a few pictures of the place to are goin to end up at when u use 'this' particular exit or escalator or elevator...

i dunno...its ur project..u should have better ideas.

·
3,636 Posts
Wayfinding is the use of pictures, words, colors, sound and architecture to help people find their way quickly and easily.
Does the present system of signs, maps, architectural elements,
graphic elements, audible and tactile communications, consistent clues etc., help commuters to find their way out to their destination?
If not, what improvements can be made?
Oh so it's a bit nowhere and everywhere at the same time ^ ^
Well it has been working fine for me.

If you mean something like "get people to find their way through Dobhy Xchange, here's what you should do:
- build a new, super attractive shopping mall/museum/activity in front of Plaza Singapura, just at the MRT exit on that side.
- build a new, super attractive shopping mall/museum/activity in front of The Cathay, just at the MRT exit on that side.
- find some reason why people would want to go from one to another.
- perform the dance of rain on top of the NS Line station.

Then there will be traffic inside Dobhy Xchange, otherwise it's a lost cause ^ ^

Sorry, I don't know how to help you... ^ ^;

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.