SkyscraperCity banner

621 - 640 of 1193 Posts

·
Nonhyphenated-American
2,927 Posts
I am overall OK with the new look. The biggest thing that I would like to see, besides the old emoticons coming back, would be better differentiation between 'old' posts and 'new' ones in the various forum lists. The bold font v. the normal font isn't enough, IMHO, perhaps also allowing them to be shown in different colors.

Mike

·
Administrator
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #622
For Those Of You With Premium Membership

You do have an option for Focused Reading Mode

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “Account Settings”.

Once you have clicked on “account settings” a new page will open. In the left side navigation, you will see Preferences. Click on it.

Scroll down to Focused Reading Mode and add a checkmark if you want to enable the option.

Make sure to click save at the bottom when you are done.

- Cricket

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
Can you please make the demarcation line between posts a little bit clearer. The gray line between 2 posts does not do the trick. black or blue or whatever darker shade than the light gray scale the site is sporting.

And can we make the poster/forumers name bigger than the content theyve sent/replied

·
Registered
674 Posts
You can decide which push notifications you would like to receive and which not.
Click on your avatar at the right top corner.
Click on "Account Settings" in the opening menu.
Click on "Preferences" on the left.
Adjust whatever you want.
Click on "Save" at the bottom of the page.

I did that yesterday, everything is off but still gett the push notification mesage.

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
I did that yesterday, everything is off but still gett the push notification mesage.
I thought I did that yesterday and started seeing push notifications again. There is now a long list of potential notifications that need the push option to be inactivated. Not sure if new or I just missed them.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Where push notifications work? On IPhone With Safari the site keep me asking to enable them but it doesn’t seem possible...

·
Administrator
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #629
Where push notifications work? On IPhone With Safari the site keep me asking to enable them but it doesn’t seem possible...
Push Notifications

The community offers push notifications if your browser's permissions allow it. You may see a popup in the community allowing you to enable these permissions for the site.

You can also enable/disable push notifications by clicking on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.

You will now see left side navigation. Select “Preferences”.

Scroll down to Push Notifications to set your preferences.

Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only. If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications.

Let me know if that helps at all.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
5,550 Posts
Where is the amount of "Likes" graphic underneath each persons name and the names of the people currently on the forum?
The likes are not gone they are placed somewhere different.
Click on your avatar at the rigt top corner.
Click on "Account Settings" in the opening menu.
Click on "Reactions received" on the left.
Here you will find all the likes you got.

As far as I can see there is no option to see all the users currently active on the forum.
If and when this will be available I do not know.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don’t like to have a PERMANENT useless space on the right on the screen with ‘about this discussion’ ‘about skyscrapercity’ and an ad.

The posts should fill the ENTIRE WIDTH.

all the right 1/3 is useless.

Also, I don’t like sub-forums to be ’hidden’ or ‘collapsed‘. Before, you could see at glance all the sub-forums, and click on them to get into them. I want all the subforums listed and clickable.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Push Notifications

The community offers push notifications if your browser's permissions allow it. You may see a popup in the community allowing you to enable these permissions for the site.

You can also enable/disable push notifications by clicking on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.

You will now see left side navigation. Select “Preferences”.

Scroll down to Push Notifications to set your preferences.

Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only. If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications.

Let me know if that helps at all.

- Cricket
Thank you but in the preferences I read that push notifications are not supported both on Safari and Chrome on the IPhone...

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,137 Posts
I can't go through all the missed pages, but is the dancing banana actually coming back or was that just condescending teasing?

621 - 640 of 1193 Posts