1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
ahh.. he must do what he must, I agree w- the no deficit ideology.. but cmon!! I say, increase gas taxes!!!!

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's paying the bonds back early, and he still has time to get the budget even again. He has really lowered the deficit, but he still has a few years. He should have cut programs which protect the upper class and middle class so that everyone would be affected equally.

It seems his number one goal is to fix the deficit. This explains why he is against HSR at this time and doesn't want to do anything for public transit. They take huge capital costs to start.

·
Registered
81 Posts
All I have to say is cutting that much transit spending wont accomplish anything. Fixing the deficit is good, but there are other alternatives. Poor Metro. well, it doesnt look like BART, Muni, or anyone fared any better from him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Duhh...

He cut dmv fees and registration costs to get elected and now he's slashing budgets that are already lean do begin with. We need to invest in infrastructure ie.. "Subway to the Sea" and "California High Speed Rail.":bash:

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^He cut those fees after Davis had tripled them, so we can't really bash him for that.

He's just trying to decrease the defecit, and he's trying to do it ahead of schedule. I commend his effort, but if he's going to cut money from mass transit, then he should do the same to freeways. It really looks like the oil companies got to him too.

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts
DEAH AHNUD:

WE DO NOT WANT YOU TO TERMINATE THE RAIL TRANSIT. INSTEAD YOU MUST PUMP UP FUNDING FOR MORE RAIL TRANSIT. EVEN IN "TOTAL RECALL" YOU RODE A RAIL TRANSIT SYSTEM ON MARS. DON'T BE A GIRLY MAN. CALEEFORNYA NEEDS MOAH TRANSIT TO BE STRONG.

- SIGNED
A CONCERNED CALEEFORNYAN

·
Registered
182 Posts
First of all...California is a very diverse state with diverse ideas,so not everyone is going to Agree or Disagree with Governor Schwarzenegger or any other Governor for that matter,so all we have to do is try and trust the Governor that the decisions he makes will benefit us all in the future.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
:eek: WOW!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts