SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was doing a little research on Amtrak's Talgo trains that run in the Northwest and wait until you see this. We were so close to having a daily round-trip train between Los Angeles and Las Vegas we ven had the train itself running! It's really frustrating to think how close we were to Las Vegas train service. :eek:hno: Anyways, here's the link with a lot of information and a whole lot of pictures of the train itself (interior and exterior) at the bottom of the page. By the way, this was back from the late '90s and early 2000s.

Update: I recently emailed Amtrak and according to their customer servce representative, service to Las Vegas may be established in 2010!:banana::banana::banana::banana:
We'll have to wait and see at this point. I guess it'll do until the DesertXpress is built. Talk about an epic showdown between THREE projects now.

http://www.trainweb.com/travel/stevelog/1999k04a.html

Las Vegas-Los Angeles Talgo tain under construction:

Completed train set:

This trainset ran on the San Diego route for a little while, waiting to begin service to Las Vegas. When this fell through, it was taken north to be repainted for the Cascades service.

·
L O S A N G E L E S
6,590 Posts
I'm not sure what you're advocating here, Marino.
Late word here is that high speed service, according to douchebag Harry Reid, is that it's on- with groundbreaking in the first or second quarter of next year and according again to douchebag Reid, in two years there will be service to Victorville.​

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what you're advocating here, Marino.
Late word here is that high speed service, according to douchebag Harry Reid, is that it's on- with groundbreaking in the first or second quarter of next year and according again to douchebag Reid, in two years there will be service to Victorville.​
I know, I'm just bringing back some Amtrak history.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts