Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quoting John's thread on Lithuanian forum:

This weekend I had a chance for a short visit to Vilnius. Unfortunately I had very little of time, so I had to move pretty quickly :)

angel curves

Pilies Street, the main old town highstreet popular with tourists and locals to hang out

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
BTW, an art instalation in 7th and 8th pictures, is a project aimed at the city's inhabitants and called "Reclaim the river". Here's a video John made with his cell phone at 1 AM at night:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Great pics, thanks John and Mantaz!! The city looks so calm! All lithuanians are on vacation? :) I hope not to Greece or Turkey... :D
It's a well known fact that during weekends, Palanga becomes the biggest city in Lithuania :D

But generally, yes, most of the locals tend to go somewhere outside the city on weekends or other free off work days (seaside, lakes, steadings,...)

·
I Love Ice
2,440 Posts
F***in'ell the city is well presented in these photos - need to go there
myself - havne't been there for more than 10 years

·
Friend
144 Posts

LOL. You actually got my niece in this picture :)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Great photos of great city. I really love Vilnius, the Old Town is so different then the ones in cities of west Europe, but this is what makes this city so extraordinary.
:)

·
always on
4,825 Posts
damn, vilnius is interesting. ch1le and others, let's spend one weekend in V? :)
sounds good, ask Mantaz when is he going to Vilnius again and would he mind having 2 or 3 passengers (who wouldnt mind paying a share of the fuel;)).

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can lift you for free ;) Next time I am going there is the weekend of 14-15 :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts