SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I just want to share a little bit about my country :p

Welcome to El Salvador!
El Salvador is the smallest country in America (exculding the caribbean islands) yet, very impressive

Located in Central America next to Guatemala and Honduras. With a population of approximately 5.8 million people, it is the most densely populated nation in Central America. The area was originally called by the Pipil tribe "Cuzhcatl", in Spanish "Cuzcatlan", which in Nahuatl means "the land of precious things."

Info:
Independece from Spain: September 15, 1821
Total area: 8,123 square miles (21,040 km²) (Smaller than the US state Massachusetts)
Calling code: 503 (in case you wanna call me lol :lol: )

Map: (I'm from Ahuachapán)

Well, too much, blah, blah, so here are some pics... first of all here is the monument that represents our country (by its name "The savior of the world" El Salvador del Mundo)

Ohhh yeah baby, our lovely but disastrous VOLCANOES!!! (El Salvador is fulled of volcanoes, there are around 25 volcanoes, of course not all are active, or we'll be dead by this point. You can see at least one volcano from almost everywhere in the country hahaha :D :( Thanks to them, San Salvador (the capital) is called "El Valle de las Hamacas" (The Valley of the Hammocks) due to its constant seismic activity.

Here you can see three together, the green one is not active anymore, but the other to are, the first one is called Izalco Vocano and you can climb it, I did it once and it feels good when coming down but is awful climbing up :D

El Voqueron

Mayan Ruins
We also, have some Mayan ruins, but not as many as Guatemala and Mexico.

Tazumal

Joya de Ceren

Beaches!
Ohhh yeah, I love beaches!!! too bad we don't have a caribbean coast :( any way... El Salvador is kinda famous for its uncrowed surfing hotspots. Big waves, babe...

Thanks to our volcanoes, many of the beaches have black sand...

wanna get all dirty? take a look :lol:

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lakes:
Coatepeque Lake is beautiful! It was a volcano before, but with time it filled up with water, and now is a beautiful crater lake with crystaline water...

Suchitlan lake

Another ex-volcano, Lago de Alegria, people say that the sulfur water serves as medicine or something...

Waterfalls!
Los Tercios

Los Chorros de La Calera

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be posting more pics later.... :banana:

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
El Imposible Natiotal Park and Monte Cristo National Park.

In Monte Cristo, there is this interesting tree, they call it, the "tree of love"

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ramdom Pics...

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohhh and lastly.... a video I made :D

Hope you like it!!!

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beautiful country!! :happy: I love El Salvador! Know a beautiful girl from there! :lovethem:
Really? cool, you can come visit us anytime :cheer: lol...

·
Everythin bubble of water
19,189 Posts
Really? cool, you can come visit us anytime :cheer: lol...
Yeah, my friend, she got me interested in El Salvador.

Hey guys... I just want to share a little bit about my country :p

Located in Central America next to Guatemala and Honduras. With a population of approximately 5.8 million people, it is the most densely populated nation in Central America. The area was originally called by the Pipil tribe "Cuzhcatl", in Spanish "Cuzcatlan", which in Nahuatl means "the land of precious things."

Info:
Independece from Spain: September 15, 1821
Total area: 8,123 square miles (21,040 km²) (Smaller than the US state Massachusetts)
Calling code: 503 (in case you wanna call me lol :lol: )

Map: (I'm from Ahuachapán)
I found Ahuachapán, its near the Guatemalan border. I can also see a San Franciso and a Santa Cruz. :lol: I like city names starting with "San" at the beginning! :yes:

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found Ahuachapán, its near the Guatemalan border. I can also see a San Franciso and a Santa Cruz. :lol: I like city names starting with "San" at the beginning! :yes:
hahaha yeah, there are lots of San's in here lol :nuts: I'm glad you like ES :banana:

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
one of the most beautiful countries in the world! been there many times!
really? wow!!! I thought people would have a hard time finding out where el salvador is lol :lol: since it is not very popular... But I'm glad you've been here and like it. Brazil is also a awesome country, I wanna go there someday :happy:

·
Banned
4,048 Posts
I have never seen any photos of this country. Thanks:)

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have never seen any photos of this country. Thanks:)
you're welcome :happy: That's why I posted the pics, so that more people get to know my lil country :D

·
Nonhyphenated-American
3,331 Posts
Neat looking little corner of the Americas!

:cheers1:

Doesn't El Salvador use the USA Dollar as its local currency?

Mike

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have many friends from El Salvador and I love to eat Salvadorean food. Back in '97, close family friends invited us to a Salvadorean reasturant and got us acquainted to food. I love eating pupusas, chicharron con yuca frita, and my favorite drinks are the Savadorean horchata and the ensalada. You have an amazing country and I wish to visit there sometime.

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Neat looking little corner of the Americas!

:cheers1:

Doesn't El Salvador use the USA Dollar as its local currency?

Mike
Hi Mike!!! you're right, El Salvador uses the US dollar as its currency since 2001 before it was called "Colón(es)"

·
G-ñorita Arevalo
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have many friends from El Salvador and I love to eat Salvadorean food. Back in '97, close family friends invited us to a Salvadorean reasturant and got us acquainted to food. I love eating pupusas, chicharron con yuca frita, and my favorite drinks are the Savadorean horchata and the ensalada. You have an amazing country and I wish to visit there sometime.
mmmm... yummy, yummy.. now I'm hungry lol.. :nuts: yeah I like horchata and fresco de ensalada too :banana:

Pupusas rock :rock:

1 - 20 of 203 Posts