SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are a few skyline pics. This is only the beginning of the pics that are to come:

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
SEQUEL:

MORE TO COME!!!! The pedestrian bridge, which is called the Liberty Bridge is located in Falls Park, which is in the West End District of Downtown Greenville.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Greenville is a nice town. I was there a few years ago and was surprised at how many people are out walking around downtown at night. Very attractive and underrated city at the edge of the foothills. :) Greenville, SC has a good sized skyline for it's population.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
If you go by that measley ~57,000 municipal figure, then yeah, Greenville has a great skyline for a city that size. However, due to a lack of aggressive annexation (in a state where that is relatively hard to do anyway), Rock Hill has passed it in municipal population. The city is starting to focus a little on annexation now, but it will be some time before we see the city, which had an urbanized population of ~300,000 in 2000 (roughly the size of Winston-Salem), crack 100K. That said, I'm hoping to see the day a couple more towers go up in Greenville to reflect the TRUE size of the city and metro.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gosh.................All I got to say is that Greenville's skyline is off the HOOK..........and in some angles, it reminds me of Winston-Salem and Greensboro. Don't ask me why...it just does.......

·
Registered
303 Posts
Greenville is a beautiful city. Sad to see so many suburban cities pass it in population when they don't even come close to it. SC annexation laws are stupid. But it's downtown is still nice with all the green and mountains :)

·
...wolf in cheap clothing
734 Posts
I was just there on Monday. A friend and I walked all over downtown, then we took in Falls Park, followed the greenway from Falls Park to Cleveland Park, went to the zoo and walked all over that, then walked back downtown, all over downtown again, and then had supper.

I'm still sore.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Los picturos es muy interesante y bonito. I want to visit Greenville now! Nice buildings and what looks like a beautiful downtown. Well done g-man!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
GREAT PHOTOS! I love how they combine the street signs with the stop lights.

This is my favorite photo!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have a cousin in Greenville, and my mother-in-law and her family are from the area. I've never been downtown, only to her brother's house in Greer, so I have a lot to see if I ever get up there again - they have an annual Christmas party but I missed the last one.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing them. I might see if we can spend the night next time and see some of those places.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts